Majik Box - Rocket Fuel and Micro Buff

steve_k

Got these hand built from Majik Box - Doug Aldrich Rocket Fuel and a Micro Buff. I had forgotten that I had ordered them. Sounds awesome in front of the Wizard....and most important, the Rocket is quiet without a load of crap noise like off the shelf pedals. Highly recommended with a boost and OD in one pedal. Not to obtrusive or obvious. Just adds some really nice sustain and snap to a driven and otherwise tight ass amp. Took about a month to get built. The bass boost really helps out the Wizard too.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 2,462
:thumbsup: Now you know why I was so upbeat about the Rocket fuel. It is tops among my pedal collection. Dave Simpson has his train on track. :rock:

Interesting regarding the bass boost. My first Wizard was the 100w Modern Classic, this time I opted for the 50w version and I figured for less bass. However it seems to have about twice the bass as the 100w version had and it does not flub out at all. Quite amazing to say the least. I am thinking the deep Wizard cabinet is part of this equation as well, but even with the Scumback speakers it seems to get much deeper than the 100w one I had.

ttosh":526wrazr said:
Interesting regarding the bass boost. My first Wizard was the 100w Modern Classic, this time I opted for the 50w version and I figured for less bass. However it seems to have about twice the bass as the 100w version had and it does not flub out at all. Quite amazing to say the least. I am thinking the deep Wizard cabinet is part of this equation as well, but even with the Scumback speakers it seems to get much deeper than the 100w one I had.
The 50w MC I had didn't lack of bass either, my Metal with the Bass Boost on have more but not so much.

steve_k":lwxicidr said:
Got these hand built from Majik Box - Doug Aldrich Rocket Fuel and a Micro Buff. I had forgotten that I had ordered them. Sounds awesome in front of the Wizard....and most important, the Rocket is quiet without a load of crap noise like off the shelf pedals. Highly recommended with a boost and OD in one pedal. Not to obtrusive or obvious. Just adds some really nice sustain and snap to a driven and otherwise tight ass amp. Took about a month to get built. The bass boost really helps out the Wizard too.

Steve

Let's hear the combo?

My 100 watt could use a hell of a lot more thump. Interesting that your 50's put out that much. Of course, I am used to the Mesa's and all the bottom end. Guess that is the main reason I don't run the Wizard alone.

Steve

steve_k":1hgsdna7 said:
My 100 watt could use a hell of a lot more thump. Interesting that your 50's put out that much. Of course, I am used to the Mesa's and all the bottom end. Guess that is the main reason I don't run the Wizard alone.

Steve

I loved my Mesa Quad preamp, but I really do not like that much low end in a band context. Of course each of us is looking for different things. I would not want to run another head with the Wizard as it sits in a band mix really well IMHO.

Just out of curiosity what is it you feel you get out of the other head, and what type of music do you play? I do run a W/D/W that is very massive so that might be part of the difference for me, but then again you may do the same as well. Just curious, definitely not criticizing, just interested in what others hear and try to accomplish with the amps we all use.

It has a certain tightness to it, up top and in the mids. Blended with a IIC+ or Mark III carrying the lows and crunch, it is a good combination.

Steve

steve_k":1xyk817c said:
It has a certain tightness to it, up top and in the mids. Blended with a IIC+ or Mark III carrying the lows and crunch, it is a good combination.

Steve

Sounds like a great combination!!

Got my 2x12 cab today. Exact match to the 4x12. Opened it up just to make sure the right speaker were intalled :thumbsup: and they were. Got the 50 watt Alnico Blacks. They blend really well with the Rock 20's in the 4x12. Cabs are built like a brick shit house too. Open one up and have a peak at the wiring. All double wired and gooped. I especially like the jacks they use in their cabs. None of the cheap plastic shit, but metal jack plates and Switchcraft jacks. Top quality here......thanks Josh :rock:

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 2,490
steve_k":3p4spbdq said:
Got my 2x12 cab today. Exact match to the 4x12. Opened it up just to make sure the right speaker were intalled :thumbsup: and they were. Got the 50 watt Alnico Blacks. They blend really well with the Rock 20's in the 4x12. Cabs are built like a brick shit house too. Open one up and have a peak at the wiring. All double wired and gooped. I especially like the jacks they use in their cabs. None of the cheap plastic shit, but metal jack plates and Switchcraft jacks. Top quality here......thanks Josh :rock:

Steve
Nice rig. :rock:

Back