Malmsteen and Morse having some fun

shredi knight":2o2uwz6l said:
Jakem":2o2uwz6l said:
shredi knight":2o2uwz6l said:
I wonder if Morse is aware of the shit Yngwie has said about him in interviews.

Haven't heard him bashing Morse. You got me interested in this, any links?

I'll try and find it online an edit this post if I do, but he basically said in a Guitar World (I think) interview when asked about the then upcoming Deep Purple album with Morse that he couldn't wait "not to hear it", then went on to say that while Steve was a good technical player, he had a "sorry as shit, wimpy" vibrato (or words close to that).

Of course, he talked shit about Joe Satriani too (calling him nothing special and just a "pentatonic kind of player"
icon_rolleyes.gif
) and Satriani still had him on the G3 tour.

I remember the article, I don't recall him using any colorful terms as "sorry as shit or wimpy", but he did say something about his vibrato ( which IMO, i find distasteful, sorry Morse fans), and he also mentioned playing humbuckers in Deep Purple is a sin.

70strathead":1aywyj2a said:
I remember the article, I don't recall him using any colorful terms as "sorry as shit or wimpy", but he did say something about his vibrato ( which IMO, i find distasteful, sorry Morse fans), and he also mentioned playing humbuckers in Deep Purple is a sin.

I noticed you are in San Diego, so we will have to have soem beers together some time and start a bar fight over this one. :boxer:

John Czajkowski":1f6s0ckz said:
70strathead":1f6s0ckz said:

I noticed you are in San Diego, so we will have to have soem beers together some time and start a bar fight over this one. :boxer:

he he :LOL: your on!

70strathead":364u9hou said:
John Czajkowski":364u9hou said:
70strathead":364u9hou said:

he he :LOL: your on!

and your little get together will look and sound something like this

:rock:

donbarzini":2s2bgv89 said:
70strathead":2s2bgv89 said:

I also remember when he said Gary Moore is ugly.

could this possibly be the world's ugliest supergroup

gary_moore.jpg

claude.jpg

mostOversexedMusicians_LemmyKilmister_l1.jpg

aldridge.jpg

keith-richards-sweeney-todd-the-demon-barber-of-fleet-street-new-york-premiere-inside-arrivals-lGbcNK.jpg

mentoneman":39e34g21 said:
donbarzini":39e34g21 said:
70strathead":39e34g21 said:

could this possibly be the world's ugliest supergroup

gary_moore.jpg

claude.jpg

mostOversexedMusicians_LemmyKilmister_l1.jpg

aldridge.jpg

keith-richards-sweeney-todd-the-demon-barber-of-fleet-street-new-york-premiere-inside-arrivals-lGbcNK.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: ur killing me!

donbarzini":fcvl9elv said:
70strathead":fcvl9elv said:

One of the funniest quotes I read was when Ozzy said "Gary has a face like a welder's strikeplate". And as far as the Yngwie slam on Steve Morse...I have been a fan of the Dregs for a very long time, but I have to say Yngwie is halfway correct with his assessment of Morse's vibrato. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Back