Marshall 4x12 V30 (

Nico

Im planning on getting a cab, I'd like to go boutique but for shipping issues (I live in South America) i can't get a big 4x12 shipped.

How does the Marshall with V30 cab compare to say a Mills, Bogner, Mesa, Custom Audio, Diezel, etc in terms of sound?

Is there really a BIG difference?

I can get this cab now since they have it in stock....

we used to have one of these cabs in our band

they don't sound as good as the real V30's that those other cabs use IMO

we switched to framus dragon cabs and never looked back

I am not sure if it has chinese, probably it does have chinese Vintage 30's in them... Anyone has had any expiriences with these cabs?

Nico":26ej3s6g said:
How does the Marshall with V30 cab compare to say a Mills, Bogner, Mesa, Custom Audio, Diezel, etc in terms of sound?
Is there really a BIG difference?
1205849a28.jpg

925d0cfdbf.jpg

:thumbsup: :rock: YES

What I would reccomend is buying a good, unloaded 212 or 412 and buying used V30s.

Unloaded 212 because it will cost less and shipping will also cost much less as Speakers make up a fair bit of the weight.

Used V30s because Celestion now produce their speakers in China, rather than in the UK, used ones, assuming they work will be cheaper and better quallity.

You could go with the 412 route, Marshall makes a decent 412 but if you've got the money for a better quallity cab like a Mesa or Diezel, it's worth investing more, IMO the cab is just as important to getting the right sound as the amp head.

here's a do it yourself 2x12 plan that i want to try out sometime soon. i have an 8ohm vintage 30 and G12T75 i could put in there.
anyways- i'd actually recomment getting some eminence speakers, but since you're not in the USA, get whatever you want i guess lol.
i don't see myself ever spending more than 5 or 600 on a speaker cab again - i don't care how much "better" people say they sound lol.
maybe you could find a used cab down there somewhere for cheap?

9ball":3k1nm1v9 said:
here's a do it yourself 2x12 plan that i want to try out sometime soon. i have an 8ohm vintage 30 and G12T75 i could put in there.
anyways- i'd actually recomment getting some eminence speakers, but since you're not in the USA, get whatever you want i guess lol.
i don't see myself ever spending more than 5 or 600 on a speaker cab again - i don't care how much "better" people say they sound lol.
maybe you could find a used cab down there somewhere for cheap?

Yeah there are a lot of manufacturers of good cabs in Argentina, from reviews. The thing is since I never played say a Diezel or Bogner or Mills live I don't know what to compare it with...

danyeo":4qn8fsbc said:
Don't buy a cab because of the logo on the front. Some of these companies get their 4x12's from the same source anyway.

Even though the source maybe the same the specs are still different, like dovetail joints, internal baffles or lack of, wood type and thickness etc. All those little thing add up to nuances that can be heard.

EXPcustom":16pn0jfg said:
danyeo":16pn0jfg said:
Don't buy a cab because of the logo on the front. Some of these companies get their 4x12's from the same source anyway.

Even though the source maybe the same the specs are still different, like dovetail joints, internal baffles or lack of, wood type and thickness etc. All those little thing add up to nuances that can be heard.

yeah but are the differences really worth the cost? i guess if you make alot of money and don't really care anyways, but your basic marshall cabs have been the standard for decades.
mine is like a 2002 i think, and maybe the last year the speakers and stuff were made in the UK i think? so i don't really know what the chinese stuff sounds like, but i have to say that my cab sounds pretty damn good, and it inspires me to play more/better, and i don't think i need to spend anymore $$$ on something that sounds just a little bit better, because it sounds good already.
i mean christ everyone from iron maiden to motorhead uses your standard marshall cabs you know what i mean? lol
but after all i still think a person could build their own just the same and save alot of money.

9ball":1hmqnt7s said:
EXPcustom":1hmqnt7s said:
danyeo":1hmqnt7s said:

yeah but are the differences really worth the cost? i guess if you make alot of money and don't really care anyways, but your basic marshall cabs have been the standard for decades.
mine is like a 2002 i think, and maybe the last year the speakers and stuff were made in the UK i think? so i don't really know what the chinese stuff sounds like, but i have to say that my cab sounds pretty damn good, and it inspires me to play more/better, and i don't think i need to spend anymore $$$ on something that sounds just a little bit better, because it sounds good already.
i mean christ everyone from iron maiden to motorhead uses your standard marshall cabs you know what i mean? lol
but after all i still think a person could build their own just the same and save alot of money.

I buy all my cabs used and have 3 Marshall cabs all with UK made v30s. I think they are great but my Mesa cabs sound way different as well. Different cabs sound great with different amps, you just have to mix it up to see what sounds good with what amp. Also since I bought all my cabs used I can resell them for what I bought them for.

Most home made cabs sound like crap, have no resale and when all is said and done you cant resell them for shit plus if you factor in the cost of speakers, material and time building you just spent the equivalent of what you could have just bought a used Mesa or Marshall cab to begin with. :doh:

EXPcustom":2bblbq39 said:
Most home made cabs sound like crap,

i don't build things half assed lol. speaker cabinets aren't brain surgery, and it's the speakers that rmostly determine what a cabinet sounds like.

9ball":37rg1n63 said:
EXPcustom":37rg1n63 said:
Most home made cabs sound like crap,

i don't build things half assed lol. speaker cabinets aren't brain surgery, and it's the speakers that rmostly determine what a cabinet sounds like.

Ok but still after all the time and energy you spent on building a cab you could have just got a "brand name" used cab that sounds great for the same cost. Sure building cabs and your own amps is cool, I am building my own 50watt 2204 head right now but you have to factor in the time and cost.

My point is for the average person to build their own cab its not very realistic or economical.

Back