Marshall '76 JMP Kitchen Sink

I am sure Dave will chime in but I believe the kitchen sink would = brown eye, hairy brown eye, custom 45 and Angry Hippie mods.

B

rareguitar":2vbbo5pf said:
I am sure Dave will chime in but I believe the kitchen sink would = brown eye, hairy brown eye, custom 45 and Angry Hippie mods.

B
So if you're a fan of the classic Marshall tones this would be the amp to own. I would love an amp that would be capable of classic Plexi tone and then some aggressive gained out shreddery. Something that would cover 60's-70's rock like Led Zep, Van Halen and Aerosmith, but also capable of tones from John Sykes, Warren DeMartini, George lynch. The Lynch and DeMartini tones could probably be had with a simple boost, but John Sykes tone from the 1987 WS album and then his Blue Murder stuff... now thats some over the top gain.

The '76 is mine. It's a nasty mofo. The 6550's give it a barky punchy sound. I also have the '71 with EL34's, which is smoother and more compressed and saturated. Which in my opinion is better for 80's style rock; RATT, Dokken, VH, Ozzy, Sykes etc... The '76 can be fine for those sounds but seems most comfortable with spanky rhythms and leads; AC/DC, JET, The Who, The Cult, Joe Walsh etc...

Anyway, that's just one man's opinion. Dave is the master of Marshalls. The '76 is a JMP MKII with all 3 mods, no addtional deep switches or anything and sounds like heaven and hell when you stand in front of it.

The Marsha amp I make is what you describe. The tube choice can make it sound very different. The 76 has 6550 power tubes in it. This tends to make it tighter and more metal sounding. Dave

RACKSYSTEMS":35fy4zim said:
The Marsha amp I make is what you describe. The tube choice can make it sound very different. The 76 has 6550 power tubes in it. This tends to make it tighter and more metal sounding. Dave

Does it get as gainy as the Black Eye module you did for me?

Back