Mesa Boogie Quad Lead Channel into Emperor 4x12 and Orange 2x12: Metallica tone

nightlight

I worked on my tones on this amp a bit more and this is a clip of lead channel 1 with the EQ on. No boost. It's camera audio, so an in-the-room sound. I plan to mic it up when I can and see what tones I get.

The room sound is good !

Look forward to hearing it miked up, or DI into a DAW and using speaker IR's.

Here it is. I really am not too good with micing up guitar cabinets, but this is an attempt at doing so. I could only mic up the lower cabinet (the Emperor). Will try to mic up the Orange tomorrow.

If you can get past the first set of poorly played chugs, the playing tightens up considerably, and you get a better representation of the tone.

Dual tracked lead channel 2. I suck at recording with mics, so I broke out the Axe FXIII. This is the Mesa Boogie Quad into Rectifier Slereo 2:100 into Fryette PS-2 into Axe FXIII. Guitar is a Caparison Horus. No post processing, just an API preamp in line without any EQing.

Last one from this series. Tuned a guitar to E standard and dialled in the amp. I prefer the results more than in D standard.

Mesa Boogie Quad into Rectifier Stereo into Axe FXIII for a Metallica tone. Clip is a segment of the song Whiplash by Metallica. Guitar is an OD Guitars Venus 6. No processing whatsoever on the track, other than some tape to glue everything together. WYSIWYG.

Back