Mesa Boogie vs. Bogner: Dual Rectifier vs. Überschall

As the title suggests, I compared my Dual Rectifier with the Überschall. What do you think? Which one do you prefer? Comments appreciated :rock:

Part 1: Bogner Überschall

Part 2: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier

Mesa sounded a bit more scooped with less high end. Not better or worse, just different.

Thanks for your replies. I didn´t try to make them sound equal, but good :D However, I kept the cab and mic settings the same for a better comparison between the two amps.

Yes, the Überschall is a Rev Blue model ;)

I have certain types of sounds in my head that no mater what gear I use I focus on. Sure they sound a little different with individual pieces. But it is the same basic sound.

stephen sawall":3240g1oz said:
I have certain types of sounds in my head that no mater what gear I use I focus on. Sure they sound a little different with individual pieces. But it is the same basic sound.
One's "core tone".

Killer stuff.
I thought the Uber was rawer with more grind.
The Recto was smoother.
Both sounded awesome.
Thanks for doing this!

Both are great, I feel like the Mesa sits in the mix a touch better but I like the palm mutes better on the Uberschall. Pretty similar really though.

I know everyone has different taste in tone or whatnot but I recently had the chance to jam through the EVH 5150III 100w and it absolutely crushed at any volume, even at volumes I could easily talk over. And people told me the same exact thing about how it wouldnt sound good at low volume, but to me it sounds amazing I was more than happy with the tones I was getting at low volume

Back