Mesa TOV Recto. Orange channel cutting out

Tone Junkie

So my Mesa Trem O Verb on the orange channel went quiet as no sound. No power loss amp still on. If I switch to the red channel it works fine. Oddly if I let amp cool off and turn it back on orange channel works again for about 5 minutes and dies the same thing.

Any thoughts. 🤷‍♂️

So my Mesa Trem O Verb on the orange channel went quiet as no sound. No power loss amp still on. If I switch to the red channel it works fine. Oddly if I let amp cool off and turn it back on orange channel works again for about 5 minutes and dies the same thing.

Any thoughts. 🤷‍♂️
What's happening is most likely a solder joint somewhere that when it heats up (The circuit board) it expands and loses contact...my guess anyways..

LDRs are used to change the channels and early serial numbers in the ‘93-‘94 range had the defective LDRs Mesa warned about. I had a Tremoverb from 1994 ages ago and flipped it for an easy profit, but I did it only after making sure the LDRs weren’t the defective ones.

Long story short I think you have an LDR that is bad, which is common. It means you won’t have to look into replacing all of them, and only have to check to see if only a few related to the Orange channel are bad - very common if you’re on one channel all the time which stresses some LDRs more than others.

Bad Optos or LDRs. Id recommend sending it in. There are a ton of those things in the TOV.

Back