Midi switcher

shadow070

Hi all,

Im in for a midi floorboard.

After picking up the guitar again more then a month a go ive decided to work on my setup. I sold everything except my guitar, my herbert, a 1x12 V30 cab and my Carbon copy delay.

Not being interested in units for effects i decided to go the pedal route.
Il have pedals in the loop, serial and some that arent midi in the switchable loop.

Most floorboards i find a overkill, especially as i want something small.

From the past i know i used to hook the pedals to the Herbert midi out and a midi floarboard to the in. The herbert would then act as a hub for the pedals.

Would a midi mouse or a mongoose do the trick?

Thanks
Robert

I have a Herbert and VH4……I have a Tech 21 Moose, a Mongoose, and the Diezel Columbus……and use depending on stage size.
I would have recommend the Moose though…..because the switches on the Mongoose are so close together sometimes I hit two buttons at once which increases the channel numbers by 5 or 10 ……

the midi discussion is always special...

I have a Tech 21 midi moose that works perfectly fine for simple "Channel" switching:

Pro: small and does not need an external power supply
Con: only PC Changes, so basically not so nice for more complex Midi switching setups

On my VHX I use my 20 year old FCB1010, that suits perfectly from my perspective

Pro:
PC and CC messages in complex setups, e.g. you can assign a PC message and additionally CC Messages on one Footstep, or assign certain Footsteps to CC only which gives you a huge range of Midi options. So possible to assign a toggle on each Footstep enable/disable the Loops, or assign a PC Change for the Amp and other PC Changes for your effect boxes (using different midi channels)

For the price you won't find any other midi-switcher with these options (at least I have not found one)..

Con:
quite huge and no editor software, so the midi assignment is quite some work, but once finished it works perfectly

Back