Motor City Pickups new models?

I have Afwayus in the bridge of 5 different bolt neck guitars (4 friedmans, 1 warmoth build). I ordered 2 of them from the Motor city site, took about 3.5 months from order to receipt but that was in 2019.

I think the Afwayu would be a bit too much in a les paul though. There is a set of 2nd degree blackbelts on the verb that Im thinking about picking up but don't have any experience with them. Whose had both and could give some input?

Well, I figured it was time for a thread on any information about what Wade has going on. I’m looking for a 2nd Degree Black belt that’s a little hotter than stock. Anyways, you guys have any info?
How about a Third Degree Black Belt???

On another note… I really wish people would stop thinking high resistance equals high output…

Wade's wife passed away last year I believe. Combine that with the fact he probably had a huge back log of orders to fulfill, this all probably impacted his response time. That being said, I ordered an overwound Afwayu set a couple of years back, and it did take a bit, somewhere around a few months I believe.

Regardless, his pick ups are fantastic. I've tried a few models with the Afwayu being my favorite.

I love the Solution and the Afwayu. Both killer pickups. Wade may take a while and may not be the best at communication but he makes great pickups and you will always receive what you pay for.

Super Detroiter kinda speaks for itself.

Not supposed to talk about the M80 lol.

Double D is Wade’s take on a Duncan Distortion.
Thank you! The Double D is what i was wondering about. I was hoping that Wade had a spin off of the distortion. Is it ceramic and what’s your thoughts on it?

I have Afwayus in the bridge of 5 different bolt neck guitars (4 friedmans, 1 warmoth build). I ordered 2 of them from the Motor city site, took about 3.5 months from order to receipt but that was in 2019.

I think the Afwayu would be a bit too much in a les paul though. There is a set of 2nd degree blackbelts on the verb that Im thinking about picking up but don't have any experience with them. Whose had both and could give some input?

Got my Motor City 2nd Degree Black Belt set about a week ago. It did take them some time to ship after he created the label, but no worries. Today I finally got around to installing them in the new Mod Shop LPC I bought. I have no experience with Motor City pickups prior to this. I'm completely blown away! I was a Bare Knuckle loyalist prior to this but wow these are probably the best humbuckers I've ever played.

The bridge feels a little hotter than it's rated and while it has plenty of "oomph" and power, I would call this a fairly bright pickup. It compresses nicely the harder you hit it. There's a lot of upper midrange content and sparkle but it never becomes brittle. Somehow, it also cleans up miraculously, even with my compressor enabled. The neck pickup is also fairly bright and articulate; it isn't muddy and doesn't get lost in the mix. Lows are tight and woody. Add the Dunlop Q-Zone, roll the tone back a little, and you're in Slash heaven.

After I put them in, I was going to try them out real quick for 20 minutes and I ended up playing for almost two hours! I'm literally on the website ordering another set of these plus an Afwayu set. It's rare that a pickup actually lives up to the hype but these are worth the wait.

PXL_20211020_192133428.MP.jpg

That's a sweet looking lpc. Appreciate your perspective on the 2nd degrees. I need to make up my mind on these custombuckers...

Back