Motor City Pickups - Solutions and the EG5

MichaelG

I've been playing this combination a LOT lately and all I can say is HOLY SHIT. :rock: :rock: Signal chain is: ESP horizon with Solutions --> Cusack screamer (turned off with EG5) --> MOD100 with TungSol 5881s --> Bogner OS 2x12 with Vintage 30s.

This particular combination just slays. My sounds from the EG5 with stock pickups in my fleet of guitars has been OK but not really exceptional. The Motor City Pickups Solutions (and Hellbabys in my other guitar) have really changed that and has given me a big appreciation for the role that pickups play in the sound chain. I know that this isn't news to many folks but it sure has been a big discovery for me. The EG5 has always had a lot of gain and aggression but now it is just utterly delicious. The Solutions have really opened the sound up a lot. The distortion is a LOT clearer with lots of bite... and the character of this module has really come out. With this guitar my tone has improved across the board with all modules, but I am especially happy with my EG5 now. I am now selling a bunch of other gain modules that I thought I needed. :D

No new revelations about the EG5 here, just another happy user who has recently had an "holy shit" moment. It is glorious!!

MichaelG":302q2bsh said:
I've been playing this combination a LOT lately and all I can say is HOLY SHIT. :rock: :rock: Signal chain is: ESP horizon with Solutions --> Cusack screamer (turned off with EG5) --> MOD100 with TungSol 5881s --> Bogner OS 2x12 with Vintage 30s.

This particular combination just slays. My sounds from the EG5 with stock pickups in my fleet of guitars has been OK but not really exceptional. The Motor City Pickups Solutions (and Hellbabys in my other guitar) have really changed that and has given me a big appreciation for the role that pickups play in the sound chain. I know that this isn't news to many folks but it sure has been a big discovery for me. The EG5 has always had a lot of gain and aggression but now it is just utterly delicious. The Solutions have really opened the sound up a lot. The distortion is a LOT clearer with lots of bite... and the character of this module has really come out. With this guitar my tone has improved across the board with all modules, but I am especially happy with my EG5 now. I am now selling a bunch of other gain modules that I thought I needed. :D

No new revelations about the EG5 here, just another happy user who has recently had an "holy shit" moment. It is glorious!!
So you like them I see. :thumbsup: They are pretty sweet.They fucking slay with the EG5.How about the tight bottom on them???? :rock:

Jason, the bottom is SURGICALLY tight. :rock: It also has a beautiful "chunk" bass response that I just can never tired of. And did I mention that the pickup is quiet?

:D :D

oops, there is my goofy grin again!

Back