My DF JMP

kurnelly

HI guys.

Dave I bought this JMP off of eBay last summer.
It was modded by yourself (I used to have a scan of the receipt) but my HD died awhile ago.
The receipt called it a SS mod (maybe for solid state?)
It has 2 master volumes that share the same channel. ( good for raising for leads )
I was wondering what mod this is and what does the focus do? It sounds like a presence control (kind of)
And any other thoughts you might remember about it (if any)
http://www.mts.net/~kurnelly/df_jmp_front.jpg
http://www.mts.net/~kurnelly/df_jmp_back.jpg

BTW it is a huge sounding beast that is very dynamic even with pedals in front of it.

Thanks...Myke

Report this post

i believe it's the Steve Stevens(SS) mod,which is a slightly gainier variation of the Custom 45 mod,along with some extra eq tweaks...dave will have to chime in to confirm it & give more details ;)

Yeah its a custom 45 mod with some slight tweaks and on the back is feedback { power amp gain so to speak} it really just varies the response of the amp and depth which is low end. Do you like it? I might have some new tweaks for it. Dave

Do I like it?...

...I love it!

I own a few amps (Mark C modded Mig 100, Marshall 100 watt Jubilee, Rivera Tre and a few others) and this one is THE one!
I am worried about how well it will hold up in the long run, but this thing just delivers too well to leave at home.
I never use the volume channel switching but might if I have a gig with no sound man.
I wouldn't change a thing ... maybe I would put a little more gain on tap for low volume situations (at home) but put this thing at jam/show volume (noon) and it has everything anyone could want.
What kind of tweaks are you thinking about?

Also what tubes do you recommend? (it came with ARS 12ax7a's (chineese) and GT 6CA7's) I can order those online.

The chinese are good and I guess the guy who had it before put the gt 6ca7s in there. As far as el34s I like jj"s but winged c's can be good they are darker and smoother with less mids then the jj's. There is one thing I could do it would make the amp a little browner and a little more alive with more clean sustain. Dave

Ok Dave,
I wont be in LA for a few months (mixing) but the next time I am there I will arrange something with you before hand and find a way to bring it with me. (I am in Winnipeg)
Is that cool?
I will arrange with you by phone.

Myke

Back