My Drops Of Choice, Yours?

WGAF

Banned
I drink these 100% neat, not even ice, exactly as the maker truly intended.

gmgob.10yov21.jpg

1500386594.jpg

81hJogwuieL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

lrgob.10yov1.jpg

WGAF":22o4d0cx said:
Sometimes the manufacturer actually intends that you dilute with a smidgen (technical term, but usually 30ml IIRC) of distilled water.

Monkey Man":2wst7wnb said:
WGAF":2wst7wnb said:
Sometimes the manufacturer actually intends that you dilute with a smidgen (technical term, but usually 30ml IIRC) of distilled water.
Yes, I've read this many times however, you 'may' add distilled water is what's said.

All subjective of course & if it works for some, great.

All the bonafide experienced serious lovers of Single Malt add nothing. Being in open air after the bottle flourishes the true intention. Water is diluting it no matter how it's viewed.

Problem today is Single Malt has become stupid expensive.

I'll let you in a secret, the VERY BEST value for money every day single malt drink is below. In fact it can be had cheaper than that drain water Black Label Johnny Walker most times. All JW (even blue), no matter what it costs, is a blended scotch & not single malt. All blended scotch is trash if you drink it neat. Single Malt does not give you a headache whereas blended will if you drink it neat.

glen_grant_the_majors_reserve_1_litro.jpg

Agreed. Blended sux, and JW has never been all the ubiquitous advertising would have us believe it is.

Single malt, 12-years+ is a good general rule of thumb that almost guarantees a good drop IMHO.

Monkey Man":16ei1pd8 said:
Single malt, 12-years+ is a good general rule of thumb that almost guarantees a good drop IMHO.
The Glen Grant above is probably 12 MINUTES only but it does taste easy & great for a daily drinker. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

In the past few months, I have finished a Balvenie Double Wood 12 (excellent), and a Balvenie Carribean Cask 14 (bit of a let down). Had some Stagg Jr bourbon the other night...VERY good stuff. I am much more a bourbon guy than a scotch guy these days.

JackBootedThug":3m0akcxd said:
i've never had scotch. but i do want to try a single malt speyside. seems like that would be right up my alley.

Scotch is like anal, you need to ease into it :LOL: :LOL:

I know you probably won't find scotch aficionados drinking this, but I always recommend first timers to try Chivas Regal on ice, let it melt a bit and mellow first.

If you enjoy a nice cigar, try that together. Get your feet wet then move on to the single malts.

CNutz":21yay8y7 said:
JackBootedThug":21yay8y7 said:
i've never had scotch. but i do want to try a single malt speyside. seems like that would be right up my alley.

Scotch is like anal, you need to ease into it :LOL: :LOL:

I know you probably won't find scotch aficionados drinking this, but I always recommend first timers to try Chivas Regal on ice, let it melt a bit and mellow first.

If you enjoy a nice cigar, try that together. Get your feet wet then move on to the single malts.

now that my friend....is some advice....REAL advice. :yes:

Back