My local GC has dozens of tubes on the shelf all the sudden. is the "Crisis" over?

I don't think any tube crisis is over. China is off line and Russia can't export. Most (not all) JJ tubes suck, so there will be supply issues. I see it with everything. Tubes I paid $15 for now sell for over $100. Supply and demand.

Wasn't this panic all started by the EHX tubes owner? Told everyone about the plant shutting down in Russia, etc....or something like that? Then of course the people buying like mad and the retailers putting giant sold out banners up on their sites added to all of this as well.

Wasn't this panic all started by the EHX tubes owner? Told everyone about the plant shutting down in Russia, etc....or something like that? Then of course the people buying like mad and the retailers putting giant sold out banners up on their sites added to all of this as well.
I think what I'm reading is that this was inevitable. It just came down to who signals a flare first. But it definitely had the 'toilet paper' effect. But in this case, the distributors didn't appear to put limits on resellers and potentially amp manufacturers to keep the run up or hoarding to a minimum.

This all reeks of a scam, I mean how many more billions are we going send to Ukraine? I mean billions ya know fuckn billions. This shit just popped up like covid ya know. I personally call bullshit

Eurotubes is 10 minutes from my house and Bob and Eddie Pletka are long time friends of mine, pre Eurotubes days.....per them both, there is no current issue on supply, they have a shit ton of tubes and pending orders in the chute. Their biggest problem and the reason they needed to shut down orders is because people flipped out and they sold 3 months of tubes in a weekend, and they don't have enough machines to test everything at a pace to ship them out. Stopping sales had nothing to do with supply and everything to do with available test equipment.
But that's from JJ's perspective. I'm sure their dancing a jig but not everyone likes their tubes. I personally do not.

Shuguang is not producing tubes at the moment and hasn't been for several years. Most of that old stock is no more, that's a huge chunk gone. What's left from the Reflektor Plant is what was current stock or anything in transit before the sanctions. Another huge chunk gone for the foreseeable future. To answer @PBGas, what does it matter if the EHX fans started the panic, there's no more tubes coming from the plant which was the largest producer of tubes, again what was left was current stock or anything in transit. What's left is near NOS stock prices.

There's two factories left, JJ and small productions from Psvane. Western is not producing yet so they don't count. Two major manufacturers gone is going to affect supply and demand especially for those that "prefer" those tubes. That's just basic economics. Throw in the panic and here we are. So yes the shortage is real, not some BS.

Last edited:
But that's from JJ's perspective. I'm sure their dancing a jig but not everyone likes their tubes. I personally do not.

Shuguang is not producing tubes at the moment and hasn't been for several years. Most of that old stock is no more, that's a huge chunk gone. What's left from the Reflektor Plant is what was current stock or anything in transit before the sanctions. Another huge chunk gone for the foreseeable future. To answer @PBGas, what does it matter if the EHX fans started the panic, there's no more tubes coming from the plant which was the largest producer of tubes, again what was left was current stock or anything in transit. What's left is near NOS stock prices.

There's two factories left, JJ and small productions from Psvane. Western is not producing yet so they don't count. Two major manufacturers gone is going to affect supply and demand especially for those that "prefer" those tubes. That's just basic economics. Throw in the panic and here we are. So yes the shortage is real, not some BS.

This needs a big ole asterisk next to it though.
* The shortage as we see it today was not cause by plants shutting down/not exporting. We may have seen a slight decrease in tubes being readily available, like you'll need to wait a week for the next shipment to arrive at worst. BUT JJ, Psvane, any other random small manufacturer could have kept up with NORMAL demand well enough. This was a manufactured shortage caused by the group of assbags inciting fear into the mass public. Then that mass public losing their shit and buying up a years worth of production in one weekend. And I bet the vast amount of people who horded probably won't have a need to touch those tubes for a decade.

It would be nice if the public could remain rational, but no! it's toilet paper all over again. I think it was George Carlin who said "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Seems rather fitting.

This needs a big ole asterisk next to it though.
* The shortage as we see it today was not cause by plants shutting down/not exporting. We may have seen a slight decrease in tubes being readily available, like you'll need to wait a week for the next shipment to arrive at worst. BUT JJ, Psvane, any other random small manufacturer could have kept up with NORMAL demand well enough. This was a manufactured shortage caused by the group of assbags inciting fear into the mass public. Then that mass public losing their shit and buying up a years worth of production in one weekend. And I bet the vast amount of people who horded probably won't have a need to touch those tubes for a decade.

It would be nice if the public could remain rational, but no! it's toilet paper all over again. I think it was George Carlin who said "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Seems rather fitting.
I've said all along the panic didn't help and I'm sure there was some assbags that went silly buying shit up.

That said you cannot have two major manufacturers that are basically nill at the moment and not have disruptions in the supply chain. Had the panic not happened there was still going to be a limited supply of Chinese and Relfektor tubes left in the pipeline. Without the panic the supplies were going to run out eventually.

And again, not everyone is a fan of JJ's so those people (me) are up the creek if we didn't buy a few sets of tubes. And the jury is still out on Psvane whether the product is actually good or if they can keep a steady product chain going.

Last edited:
People are so fkn stupid nowadays it would not surprise me if they buy up all the inventory yet again in a panic.
Yep. Like I said a month ago. Same fuckhead mentality that bought up all the toilet paper when Covid happened. It got back to normal when people realized that Covid wasn't going to quadruple their ass wipeage.

are they poorly maintained? or freshly ironed?

one fits the description of a metalhead
I wear tan pants too. I'm the boss. But, ill have you know, I rebel some days and go untucked. And when someone comes into my office and hears Revocation blasting on the Bluetooth, zero fucks given. Don't like metal? GTFO OF MY OFFICE. 🖕

Is many people's favorite brand of toilet paper made in a country that has recently gone to war and has had their exports sanctioned? Did another major producer of toilet paper have their factory burn down about a year ago and all production there ended with the hopes of them making toilet paper there again in 2023? Did the toilet paper world go from 3 major producers of toilet paper down to 1 at the moment?

To equate what is happening with tubes due to the current war and the factory fire to what happened with toilet paper has got me scratching my head.

I'm taking a different slant here. No I don't think it's over, I think you are seeing some stores that had orders in process that are being fulfilled at higher prices with what stock was left over or in transit as the crap hit the fan. No doubt there was panic buying but that said, alot of online dealers still don't have product and most importantly the product they do have, prices certainly have not come back down.

At the end of the day two companies aren't producing, one due to the war and one due to being shutdown. Throw in the fact that JJ was backlogged and then the panic and product became obviously scarce.

Right now, JJ will catch up or has, Psvane is getting product out there. That's something at least. Be nice to see the US Western Electric producing for the guitar market but what's the turnaround time there? I think you can write off the Reflektor plant for the foreseeable future unless Mike Matthews can swing something. Give the guy credit he's navigated some murky waters for years.
Thank you for your information... Because I was really thinking about converting my single tube, hifi pre-amp to a transistor driven one...

FWIW, JJ seems to be catching up at least a little. Their 6V6 is the only current production 6V6 that can take the higher voltages. I was looking for a quad and they were out everywhere so I just decided to wait. Then this thread got me searching and they were easily found. $100 a quad but at least they were there.

I wear tan pants too. I'm the boss. But, ill have you know, I rebel some days and go untucked. And when someone comes into my office and hears Revocation blasting on the Bluetooth, zero fucks given. Don't like metal? GTFO OF MY OFFICE. 🖕

Revocation FTMFW :love:

Is many people's favorite brand of toilet paper made in a country that has recently gone to war and has had their exports sanctioned? Did another major producer of toilet paper have their factory burn down about a year ago and all production there ended with the hopes of them making toilet paper there again in 2023? Did the toilet paper world go from 3 major producers of toilet paper down to 1 at the moment?

To equate what is happening with tubes due to the current war and the factory fire to what happened with toilet paper has got me scratching my head.
No but people panicked in both situations...I think that's where the comparison lies.

Back