My SLO lead channel build

Don't know why but the SLO is real easy at making it sound crappy on a video clip.
All the upper frequencies perhaps.

Don't know why but the SLO is real easy at making it sound crappy on a video clip.
All the upper frequencies perhaps.

What are you listening on? What are you hearing that you don't like. I'm always open to constructive criticism.

What are you listening on? What are you hearing that you don't like. I'm always open to constructive criticism.
All the Friedman SLO II clips the last 2 years just seem really harsh/buzzy/brittle top end more than just a coincidence it seems.

Carl is so good. Every single build is unique and glorious. I’m still sad I didn’t get that JTM45 build-on-steroids he did. It was like Cream had an Apostle sitting in.

All the Friedman SLO II clips the last 2 years just seem really harsh/buzzy/brittle top end more than just a coincidence it seems.

I can't speak for any of the Friedman stuff. I don't own any nor have I owned any. My old SLO's were bright, but sounded glorious when turned up. That was the benchmark I was shooting for. The top end on my build is bright, but not harsh/buzzy/brittle. Its "chirpy" but has the elastic, bloom, singing quality that makes an awesome gigging/recording amp IMO...

I can't speak for any of the Friedman stuff. I don't own any nor have I owned any. My old SLO's were bright, but sounded glorious when turned up. That was the benchmark I was shooting for. The top end on my build is bright, but not harsh/buzzy/brittle. Its "chirpy" but has the elastic, bloom, singing quality that makes an awesome gigging/recording amp IMO...
Thanks man, well put. You are a tone Ambassador, you have it going on for sure.

I finally achieved what I believe to be the "holy grail" cloning of the SLO lead channel. I built this for myself and not to sell or build for others. I've built quite a few different SLO builds in the past, but they didn't quite cut it in one way or another. This one has done it. I love the harmonic richness and aggressiveness of this one.

Sounds great ! :cool:

Back