My Texas brothers safe?

CornNutz

We had power go out for 30 hours, came back on for 2, then off again for 4.

Pool froze, all the pipes, valves, and pumps busted.

3 busted water pipes in the guest house.

On the up side a turkey fryer, and two propane tanks kept us from freezing to death :ROFLMAO:

Ya was reading that on the news. Texas colder than Michigan? Crazy times. Hope all is well. Delt with frozen busted water pipes for years.
hard to prepare for it.

Ya was reading that on the news. Texas colder than Michigan? Crazy times. Hope all is well. Delt with frozen busted water pipes for years.
hard to prepare for it.
Yeah man, Tuesday night I pointed my infrared thermometer at the snow on the ground. NEGATIVE 6 :ROFLMAO:

Wild shit, never seen anything like it in my 45 years

Reading where the one older guy froze to death there. In his house. Wife almost dead next to him. Same thing happened here in Michigan few years ago. World war 2 vet. Electric company shut off his power. Non payment. Found him dead. Frozen in his house. Money for the electric bill sitting next to him.
so yes if you got elderly folks near you. And it gets bad quick knock on the door. Might save a life.

So much for green power and Cali`s coming. Stay safe.
This has nothing to do with green power. It has to do with 1) Texas having its own power grid, seperate from the rest of the U.S. 2) Natural gas plants not being able to keep as much reserves as a coal plant 3) Generators down for routine maintenance that is done in the winter in Texas, due to the high summer heat. 4) Lack of insulation on turbines and pipes. Texas was warned about the insulation problem 11 years ago and chose to do nothing about it. Do you ever hear about the wind turbines shutting down in Iowa because of cold? Of the 46 gigawatts offline in Texas, 30 gigawatts is from natural gas and nuclear plants. The Green New Deal doesn't even exist yet. But thanks for once again confirming how ignorant you are.

This has nothing to do with green power. It has to do with 1) Texas having its own power grid, seperate from the rest of the U.S. 2) Natural gas plants not being able to keep as much reserves as a coal plant 3) Generators down for routine maintenance that is done in the winter in Texas, due to the high summer heat. 4) Lack of insulation on turbines and pipes. Texas was warned about the insulation problem 11 years ago and chose to do nothing about it. Do you ever hear about the wind turbines shutting down in Iowa because of cold? Of the 46 gigawatts offline in Texas, 30 gigawatts is from natural gas and nuclear plants. The Green New Deal doesn't even exist yet. But thanks for once again confirming how ignorant you are.

Abbott before going on Trucker Carlton and lying about Turbines. These guys lie in broad daylight, lol

Untitled - Copy.jpg

I was reading it could partially be due to Biden sharing the electrical grid with China. 🤷

What we do know is green energy is proven to be in efficient and unable to support energy needs.

I was reading it could partially be due to Biden sharing the electrical grid with China. 🤷

What we do know is green energy is proven to be in efficient and unable to support energy needs.
Like I want a battery powered lawn mower LOL

Yes I'm sure that the countries running entirely on renewable energy would agree with you. Ever heard of this technology called batteries?

Yes I'm sure that the countries running entirely on renewable energy would agree with you. Ever heard of this technology called batteries?

Lithium Batteries' Dirty Secret: Manufacturing Them Leaves Massive Carbon Footprint​

Once in operation, electric cars certainly reduce your carbon footprint, but making the lithium-ion batteries could emit 74% more CO2 than for conventional cars.

Bloomberg
OCT 16, 2018

https://www.industryweek.com/techno...acturing-them-leaves-massive-carbon-footprint

Last edited:

Lithium Batteries' Dirty Secret: Manufacturing Them Leaves Massive Carbon Footprint​

Once in operation, electric cars certainly reduce your carbon footprint, but making the lithium-ion batteries could emit 74% more CO2 than for conventional cars.

Bloomberg
OCT 16, 2018

https://www.industryweek.com/techno...acturing-them-leaves-massive-carbon-footprint
Zinc-Ion, Zinc-Potassium Hydroxide, Magnesium, Vanadium and Sodium-Ion are all better battery solutions than Lithium for electric storage grids. They are all cheaper per kilowatt-hour than Lithium, and less likely to explode. They are already being installed in New York and British Columbia. These batteries just don't work so good in cell phones, because they are heavier. The Sodium-Ion batteries have an extremely small carbon footprint and zero landfill dangers.

Back