NAD!!! 1998 Bogner 101B

glpg80

2E4FFF5F-5CC7-419C-971E-D0CCC9D09C35.jpeg

What a killer amp. So many iconic sounds on every channel. I was inspired to play songs I haven’t even bothered to learn yet just riffing on it for a few hours. This one is a ‘98 with class A/AB option that was on reverb. It more aligned with my pricepoint compared to a 100B and it does everything I love and more. No loop issues or channel pop problems like the 100B models report and at a substantially lower pricepoint comparatively. Even with the boost channel on it requires you to really play on channel 3 - it doesn’t play itself. I find channel 2 easier to play than channel 3 even.

I’ll get around to making a video and posting it this weekend. Super stoked - it matches well with my other amps and will get a ton of play time.

Yeah you really have to play them! Classic Bogner tone with an open D chord. I really want to boost channel 2 with an SD-1 to see what it will sound like. It matches well between the 5150 and the Marshall’s. It’s a very happy medium and will work great for a cover band we are starting soon. It has less gain than the 5150 but more than a goosed 3 stage Marshall. I’m happy with it. It’s really fun to play on :rock:

I love the XTC playing alone. Such inspiring tones! But it just seems to get lost in a band mix for me. I like to be prominent in a mix with a cutting edge. Just couldn't coax that out of the xtc. Same with Diezels.

Congrats on your new amp.
Beautiful too.
Lots of gold in that room.
I want to see it on the angled cab.
Just for like....10 minutes maybe. :D
Never played one sadly
:cheers:

Congrats on your new amp.
Beautiful too.
Lots of gold in that room.
I want to see it on the angled cab.
Just for like....10 minutes maybe. :D
Never played one sadly
:cheers:

Thanks man! The 5150 is what I grew up with and is my home base. The Marshall’s keep my playing in line - with all of the gain from the two on the left it’s nice to jam on the right ones with a boost to keep things clean.

I love the look of the modern ones on the straight and the Marshall’s on the slant - the Marshall’s just don’t look right on straight cabinets haha

The Bogner is a hell of an amp - just very inspiring to play. It isn’t the tightest amp in the room - that goes to the 5150. But it’s very buttery to play on channel 2, which I find is looser feeling than channel 3. Channel 3 is over the top gain, I actually prefer to play channel 2 with an SD-1 for solos and without for rhythm. Channel 3 with the gain dialed back actually makes a great rhythm tone. Just tons of ways to set it up making it very versatile. The 5150 is very much set and forget, but I find the Bogner is a library of many tones.

Back