NAD! FJA 6505

Holy-diver

NAD! This 6505 is a beast, first off it has the clarity mod, the power choke, the noise reduction circuit and the iec jack mods. Let me just say that the mods do not make it any less 5150 at all. The key differences of note are: less "bees" (:facepalm: ), less overall noise (a lot less hiss), more defined pick response, making it have a lot more dynamics, average cleans, while retaining all the grind and aggressiveness that makes the 5150. It sounds a bit better at low volumes and overall more defined. Either way, you can hear similarities between it and its titan brother, with key differences being the titan is rounder but still almost as agressive, way more articulation, smaller, and a lot tighter lows, and a little bit more middle mids :LOL: thickness. You can definitelty hear similarities though. I am going to make comparison clips as soon as I get decent recorded sounds :LOL: which will hopefully be soon. My cab is great that is all. Pics, albeit somewhat shitty.

ca5c1288.jpg

47a2ffaa.jpg

I traded my mkiii for it, but I will be obtaining another (coliseum :D)

Sweet man! If it retains the 5150 character and addresses the issues we're all aware about, sounds like money well spent!!

How much did the job run ya? I should ship mine in!

Jerry does awesome clean work. He does exactly what you ask. He does not change what you like about the amp only what you do not. I trusted him with a $4400 amp and was not let down in the slightest.

Fwiw I got it modded because they were basically all the mods I wanted.
I will try and get clips comparing this and the titan. But I am a noob beware :D

Jerry is building/modding me an amp right now. I have went through clips soo many times of his work, I am REALLY starting to want one of the 5150 amps done by Jerry.
I got a room full of amps but there is something in that 5150 he mods that does it for me. :yes:

Well after extended side by side comparison, the titan is better, but the 6505 has that thing about it I really like... the super aggressive grind. Its nice to have both.

Yep, I loved all the 5150's I've ever owned......but, I'd be hard pressed to keep one with my Titan here :)

The Titan is just a hard amp to beat for any type of Marshall tone...whether it be low-mid-high gain :)

Back