NAD: Friedman JJ Jr! (holy cow!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Today I'm a happy guy because I can finally say that I own a Friedman amp!

People have been telling me to get a Friedman amp for quite a while but they're not cheap so it took me a while to get one. I had a Kemper stage for a few months but sold it since I didn't use it. Then I ordered a QC but the wait took too long. Then I just decided to get another amp and I should have done this in the first place because this amp is insane!

I have a bunch of Marshalls and some Marshall-style amps and those are all cool. Kind of raw sounding. This Friedman JJ Jr sounds more tight, focused, refined, clear and high gain. It's chunky, but not super saturated like an EVH for example. No matter how much gain you use, the tone always stays very focused and defined so you can always hear every single note. Anyway, you guys probably already know this stuff haha!

The clean channel is cool! Limited controls but more than enough to get some beautiful cleans! The bright switch really helps with that. I also like how you can get quite a bit of overdrive out of this channel. I usually prefer that over squeeky clean.

The BE mode on the lead channel is punchy, mid forward and very articulate. A great sound for classic rock etc. The JBE mode really kicks it up with more gain and saturation and this mode is just great for heavier rock and even metal. Like I said though it really has it's own sound. It won't sound like a Rectifier or 5150 etc, this amp is much more clear and focused sounding but that's what I love about it!

Anyway, here's my demo & review with some thoughts and tones. I'd love to know your thoughts on this amp!

Back