NAD - Mesa Boogie Mark III No stripe

:poke:

Untitled.png

Sounds great! The 60s are such pissed off little beasts. The black / no stripes are the closest to a C+ IMO. Red stripes & later have a totally different structure.

I currently have a no stripe SG III+. Out of the 20 ish Marks I've had, it's the #2 best in my band mix for sure with the best being my IIB+ KRG.

God damn son that thing brings the heat for 60W.

Sounds brutal with the post EQ.

Thanks for making vids!

So last night at band practice I played my III+ SG, and by accident I stumbled on an EPIC tone in the mix. It's been sounding killer all-amp, and this kicked it up into drool territory. It involved using both the GEQ & my PEQ, plus a boost. I grabbed a phone clip which doesn't do it justice, I think I can share it with you on messenger though. I should try & get a proper recording of it.

Great stuff! Very similar tones, and the small differences could likely be minimised further with minor control tweaks. I've always felt the early MkIII's are very close to the II+ but they don't quite have that 'cool' factor. It's good thing really, otherwise they would be priced ridiculously as well.

We recently picked up a MkIII with GEQ. Needs a bit of work but looking forward to getting her all sorted.

Back