NAD: VHT Pittbull Ultra Lead

Apex1Rg7X

I finally got a chance to reacquire one of these after owning one many years ago. It was arguably the best amp I ever owned and regretted selling it ever since. It took a lot of patience to finally get it back and my excitement was pretty high after I finally locked it down. Got the amp and played it for a bit, but my feelings about the amp have maybe changed a bit. While it is still an amazing amp, no denying that, I have grown so fond of my Omega Granophyre that I'm at the point where that is my sound and everything else comes in 2nd. The UL is more versatile I suppose but the Omega is no slouch either. The EQ sweep on the knobs and low/high gain switch does ALOT for a single channel amp. So after all of that, I'm not sure what I will do with the UL. Still putting it through its paces and all but I will likely move it for something else on the wish list.

241480852_4269763003059706_7834058750547900673_n.jpg

I scored an older UL after many years of wanting to try one and I actually preferred the 50CL and several other amps I owned at the time. That particular UL was so over the top saturated and fairly compressed. It was like like eating something so sickly sweet that it's just too much. No idea why it was that way because sounds like most are the complete opposite.

I’ve always loved those early VHT Pitbull amps. My recollection is that they were pretty stiff and aggressive in the same vein as the early Splawns. Had to really have your chops dialed in, but the VHT would reward you for it.

I scored an older UL after many years of wanting to try one and I actually preferred the 50CL and several other amps I owned at the time. That particular UL was so over the top saturated and fairly compressed. It was like like eating something so sickly sweet that it's just too much. No idea why it was that way because sounds like most are the complete opposite.
I remember the older VHT UL’s I’ve played being more saturated and aggressive. The Fryette UL I had and others I’ve tried were more dry, open, less tight and in some ways kinda bland sounding, but still nowhere near as dry sounding as most guys on the forums make them out to be. I liked the older VHT ones more I think between the 2

I remember the older VHT UL’s I’ve played being more saturated and aggressive. The Fryette UL I had and others I’ve tried were more dry, open, less tight and in some ways kinda bland sounding, but still nowhere near as dry sounding as most guys on the forums make them out to be. I liked the older VHT ones more I think between the 2
This is pretty much spot on.

I’ve always loved those early VHT Pitbull amps. My recollection is that they were pretty stiff and aggressive in the same vein as the early Splawns. Had to really have your chops dialed in, but the VHT would reward you for it.
That's how I remember mine

Back