Need help improvising "Rock" style solos.

FIREBALL":3uy3hy2s said:
EXPcustom":3uy3hy2s said:
I can improvise Blues solos all day long it comes really easy to me, I can improvise all up and down the fretboard etc...

I don't know why but I am just having a hard time improvising rock style solos, is there any tips of where I should do the bends and what note I want to resolve on.

Let me give you an example of how I want to improvise, I really like what this guy in this video is doing, what scale is he using and is he bending the 5ths and resolving on the 3rds or the root? I just need a push in the right direction.

you need to learn the modes and practice bending to all the intervals in the modes :rock:

I know all the modes pretty good I do have a chart to help me out if I get stumped but what do you mean by bending to all the intervals? I think I know what you mean but please clarify so that we are on the same page.

EXPcustom":2vj2flip said:
FIREBALL":2vj2flip said:
EXPcustom":2vj2flip said:
I can improvise Blues solos all day long it comes really easy to me, I can improvise all up and down the fretboard etc...

I don't know why but I am just having a hard time improvising rock style solos, is there any tips of where I should do the bends and what note I want to resolve on.

Let me give you an example of how I want to improvise, I really like what this guy in this video is doing, what scale is he using and is he bending the 5ths and resolving on the 3rds or the root? I just need a push in the right direction.

you need to learn the modes and practice bending to all the intervals in the modes :rock:

I know all the modes pretty good I do have a chart to help me out if I get stumped but what do you mean by bending to all the intervals? I think I know what you mean but please clarify so that we are on the same page.
first take each note and bend it to the next note in the scale.then bend each note to the note that is 2 notes away in the scale and so on....obviously you cant bend to every interval so try this next......play your scales in inervals....first domajor minor seconds.so in g major you would go GAABBCCDDEEF#, for major and minor 3rd you would go GBACBDCEDF# which is every other note ....can u do this...if so do all intervals....then these will come out in your playing after awhile and sound more crazier....then do this with the harmonic minor scale

FIREBALL":39vjldcv said:
EXPcustom":39vjldcv said:
FIREBALL":39vjldcv said:
EXPcustom":39vjldcv said:

first take each note and bend it to the next note in the scale.then bend each note to the note that is 2 notes away in the scale and so on....obviously you cant bend to every interval so try this next......play your scales in inervals....first domajor minor seconds.so in g major you would go GAABBCCDDEEF#, for major and minor 3rd you would go GBACBDCEDF# which is every other note ....can u do this...if so do all intervals....then these will come out in your playing after awhile and sound more crazier....then do this with the harmonic minor scale

Will do that thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

EXPcustom":27zy18g6 said:
FIREBALL":27zy18g6 said:
FIREBALL":27zy18g6 said:

Will do that thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:
hope it helps, by the way the harmonic minor is the key to dark metal.its 5th mode is the darkest.it is called the phrygian dominant..so the A Harmonic minor scale is also E phrygian dominant.....very useful in metal my friend...dont forget to try your blues patterns with these scales

Back