New 2014 MCII. How do you guys dial it in? *pics*

So I got another one now. A 2013 MC 50watt. I'm putting one of them in at the rehearsal.
They sound very very identical at normal "loud" volumes. The MC 50 has as much bass as the 100 but obviously less headroom, however it's a little bit more fun to play, feeling wise. I'd say the 100 is slightly more laid back and fat and the 50 is a little bit more up front and present but not in a brighter way. By no means the same difference as a Marshall 50 watt and 100 watt... it's more subtle.
Ill use the 50 for home use and gigging, and the 100 for rehearsal. They are just equally great amps, just depends on how loud you wanna go.
The 100 sounds very very good with two tubes pulled BTW.. if you dime it you are in heaven.
IMG_3817_zpsc5a9e46d.jpg

I like the stock JJel34L in there the best. For preamp: the amp is so responsive to tubes you can create your own little thing... i run Brimar in V1, I actually like Rudy's for the lead channel. I run an old RFT or a mullard in the PI... not a big plate.. it's too much.
Use the ears, sculpt it how you like. I did not care for the JJ-12AX7S the 50 watt came with.. at all.

Two outer or inner if needed. Best is to leave'em in and open it up like a rock god tho.
Remember to run out of the 8 ohm if using a 16 ohm cab with two tubes pulled.

Jay Strange":2bljy9bo said:
Nice amp man, I just bought Steve K's MCII. SUPER excited! :thumbsup:
Can't wait to crank it up :rock:

And one year later, almost to the day....it is back home with me ------ bump :thumbsup:

Back