New Bogner Uberschall coming?

From what I've heard through the grapevine, it will have mini upper toggle switches like the XTC amp that change the voicing/character of the amp. It will have tones of the OG Uber all the way up to the current version. We shall see. I know people here hate Reza but anyone close to him in the know will tell you what its about. For me, proof is in the actual tone. I wanna hear it for myself in action rather than words.
He has a modded Uberschall that was apparently factory modded by Reinhold himself. Very different sound, tight and upper mid attack. I wonder if that's the basis for the new tone?

JulesDB

Although I have an Uberschall and I can say that I like it a lot, I hope the new version improves it in those little aspects that don't make me prefer it over other amps: volume jump between channels, overall sponginess and other.

shadow

I am also anxious to see/hear this one. I had a rev 2 a bit ago, and it was unique sounding to me. I even liked the clean channel, just not the low volume. It would be great if it had 3 ch, with the 2 and 3 ch capable of heavy and heavier, like how the JP2C concept is. Yet with mode switching for even more variety. Too bad about the price though. I'm guessing $3500. Still, it'd be great to check it out.

Hi all,

I got an email response from Jorg regarding an ETA on the Uberschall mk2. He told me the following:

"It looks like by end of this year (2022). Sorry, there has been lots of problems on all ends; I could write pages about it. Regards, Jorg"

Sounds like they are struggling with supply-chain issues, but it also sounds like there are other things going on (health comes to mind).

The amp will come out. The question is, will we see a production run by Q4 2022? I believe Bogner should announce a pre-order to get things rolling. Thoughts?

thegame

The new one should be called a mk4, no?

Original
Rev Blue
Twin Jet

2022 model (#4). The Uberschall will one day be the perfect amp by the mk7 Rev. 3 edition.

The new one should be called a mk4, no?

Original
Rev Blue
Twin Jet

2022 model (#4). The Uberschall will one day be the perfect amp by the mk7 Rev. 3 edition.
It would actually be model #5.

All versions listed below:

- Original
- Revision 2 (AKA Revision Green)
- Revision Blue
- Twin Jet (which is based on Revision Blue)

thegame

It would actually be model #5.

All versions listed below:

- Original
- Revision 2 (AKA Revision Green)
- Revision Blue
- Twin Jet (which is based on Revision Blue)
IIRC the taper of the gain pot was literally the only difference between the Original and Rev. 2 (Green). A/B'd closely they sounded 99.9% identical to me. Perhaps by original you're referring to the 6550 prototype?

IIRC the taper of the gain pot was literally the only difference between the Original and Rev. 2 (Green). A/B'd closely they sounded 99.9% identical to me. Perhaps by original you're referring to the 6550 prototype?
I'm with you and I completely understand what you mean, but still, collectors/players classify the "original" and "rev green" as individual things.

This thread covers the whole topic: