New TC Electronics Nova System ... this looks interesting!

Glimpse

Nova System - All-in-One Extravaganza

TC Electronic announces Nova System, a new floor-based all-in-one guitar solution that uniquely combines world-class analog distortion and overdrive with the advantages of digital control. Loaded with top quality effects from TC's renowned G-System, Nova System is the ideal all-in-one solution for any guitarist who wants setup simplicity without sacrificing tonal fidelity. Nova System ships in Spring 2008 at a suggested retail price of EUR 699.

What makes Nova System so remarkable is NDT™ - Nova Drive Technology - an innovative drive and distortion circuit that offers true analog sound under preset and expression control. While the drive circuit is 100% analog and physically separated from the digital effects, its controls are digital. This way the drive effects can be tweaked, stored and recalled in exactly the same way as any of the digital effects, and the amount of distortion can be controlled in real time by hooking up an expression pedal.

Nova System houses six high quality effects blocks taken straight from G-System. It features compression, EQ, Noise Gate, Modulation, Pitch, Delay and Reverb, all programmable and storable in 60 user presets. The 30 factory presets take advantage of the wide range of versatile effects combinations and are designed to get the guitar player started right out of the box.

The Nova System overdrive emulates the classic overdrive originally only found in tube amps. The range goes from slightly warm and subtle overdrive to high gain for screaming leads, but retains excellent chord clarity even with complex voicing. The Nova System distortion is fat and aggressive and allows for full and massive chords and fluent compressed leads. The tonal character is raw, crunchy and very tube-like. Using just the guitar volume will allow for anything from semi-clean chords to intense leads.

Completing the feature list, the Hi-Z and balanced input plus balanced stereo outputs, and the two footswitch layouts - preset and pedal - with an option for adding a G-Switch for further control, make Nova System the obvious floor-based solution for the serious guitar player.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/NovaSystem.asp

000026902.jpg

im interested as well, i love my g system/herbert rig and this looks like a great unit to place in front of say my 64 deluxe reverb :thumbsup:

peace
Andy W

van hellion":2ojip87x said:
it cant, this nova is g system's little bro ;)

oh well fuck that then. but for someone running it straight into a clean amp i can see it being awesome, or for touring guitarists who have to borrow or rent shit when they show up to the venue.

Stratboy151":3d2b5ck4 said:
van hellion":3d2b5ck4 said:

oh well fuck that then. but for someone running it straight into a clean amp i can see it being awesome, or for touring guitarists who have to borrow or rent shit when they show up to the venue.

do you think that it needs to be a tube amp? i've heard several times that solid state amps have better cleans than most tube amps do :confused:

airoz":1xdwkhdf said:
Stratboy151":1xdwkhdf said:
van hellion":1xdwkhdf said:

do you think that it needs to be a tube amp? i've heard several times that solid state amps have better cleans than most tube amps do :confused:

for me? yes it has to be tube. but some people swear by solid state stuff ya know. lots of jazzers will only use their old polytones and jazz chorus's for clean. so far the best solid state amp ive ever played is the fender cybertwin, alot of people dont agree with me on that but whatever, i have my own set of ears.

I've never found an all in one system that works as well as seperate pedals
+ rack units for myself, but if these come in at the right price point they could be cool for a lot of uses. The new pedals look nice as well, the Nova Delay is a pretty sweet pedal.

Back