New vs Used

Skrln

I tend to wonder why there is such a huge traffic in second hand diezels. Since they hold their resale value that well, why not just buy it new for not that much more money? Guaranteed no scuffs, no issues, new tubes, warranty etc...

Maybe there's something i'm not seeing about it all.

Let me know. :rock:

The difference between $3000 and $4600 is not that much money? :confused:

It is to me, and I have had my USED Herbert for 7 months now and no issues. ;)

I can quote Peter Diezel : " Buy it new !! " :rock:

Nah seriously it's built to last (unlike FORD cars..) so there's no problems with used diezel IMO. There can be problems with tubes, but that's a common to all amplifiers.

Here in europe/belgium used prices are about 2200€, while new they cost about 2700€ (a bit less with some negotiating skills). so warranty wise, it's not that much different imo.
Never knew price difference was that high in the US.

Still, if you plan to keep it (which 95% of diezel users do) I'd still buy new.

Hope to be able to buy a VH4 soon :). But first i want a decent flightcase for my other heads and rack gear.

The difference in $3000 from $4600 is a brand new Diezel 412 FL cab sitting underneath your mint used Herbert or VH4. :yes:

Or....

$3000 for an used head, $1000 on an used cab, $200 for new tubes. That is only $4200 for everything compared to $4600 just for a new head. That leaves you to blow $400 on hookers and booze. :yes:

Mailman1971":k4kl7dqu said:
RJF":k4kl7dqu said:
......... hookers and booze. :yes:

Mmmmmmmm........hookers and booze.... :inlove: \:D/

FILTH!! You people need to smarten up around here. That shit will CORRUPT you!! You'll go to hell!! Watch your LANGUAGE around here...

Hookers and BLOW, people, BLOW!!! Not booze. Booze just get ya sloppy, everyone knows that :D

(Coming from a reformed Uber-partier of 24+ years, 2 stints in 'camp' (aka: rehab) and now onto Year #4 of clean and sober living :thumbsup: ).

V.

slyvren":bpf9yn1d said:
RJF":bpf9yn1d said:
That leaves you to blow $400 on hookers and booze.

$380 in booze to bring your standards down enough for a $20 hooker?
Or a 12 pack and 2 good hookers, however you feel is appropriate. :LOL: :LOL:

RJF":34qripr1 said:
slyvren":34qripr1 said:
RJF":34qripr1 said:
That leaves you to blow $400 on hookers and booze.

$380 in booze to bring your standards down enough for a $20 hooker?
Or a 12 pack and 2 good hookers, however you feel is appropriate. :LOL: :LOL:

Dwarf hookers, er, "entertainers" are ultra expensive... If you're gonna go, go SMALL ;)

V.

got mine for 2800, thier is no way i would drop 4000+

im not shittin gold bricks

my used herbert is awesome. beats the hell out of my friends mesas and peaveys.

Skrln":3m4hh9sd said:
Here in europe/belgium used prices are about 2200€, while new they cost about 2700€ (a bit less with some negotiating skills). so warranty wise, it's not that much different imo.
Never knew price difference was that high in the US.

Still, if you plan to keep it (which 95% of diezel users do) I'd still buy new.

Hope to be able to buy a VH4 soon :). But first i want a decent flightcase for my other heads and rack gear.

I've seen VH4s or Herberts well under 2000€ used in EU. There are advertised amps for 2,200 but they won't sell in the current used market.

Back