NGD!!!!!!! 1976 Norlin Les Paul Custom 😎

Amazing, looks like a new guitar now.
It looks a lot better in the photos than in real life - there’s a ton of deep finish level scratches and other marks all over the body that the camera can’t pick up clearly, but it adds to the value and persona of the guitar - it’s been played and sounds great. It does look a lot like a newer guitar but it’s just vintage looking enough to know it’s the real deal. I’m very happy with how it turned out and I was using it tonight to learn some ozzy songs. It really sounds the part and the old PAFs have more depth than the burst buckers I’m used to playing. It’s truely an amazing guitar. I hope to get some recordings soon through the metroplex with an SD-1 once I finish learning a song and can do a few play throughs correctly.

Jescar .100x.057 SS frets
Original Shaw pickups

Great Custom! looks awesome!
Fretjob is amazing....
I was looking at Jescar and could not find the frets specs you mentioned. You probably meant something else, like the .110x.057?
That's the 57110 fret, pretty much the equivalent to Dunlop 6100, my favourite fret size.
Click here:
https://www.jescarguitar.com/fret-wire-specifications/Shaw pickups are amazing! Got two of his PAFs on my 1984 335 DOT!

Great Custom! looks awesome!
Fretjob is amazing....
I was looking at Jescar and could not find the frets specs you mentioned. You probably meant something else, like the .110x.057?
That's the 57110 fret, pretty much the equivalent to Dunlop 6100, my favourite fret size.
Click here:
https://www.jescarguitar.com/fret-wire-specifications/Shaw pickups are amazing! Got two of his PAFs on my 1984 335 DOT!
Yeah you’re right - .110x.057.

Yes I’ve found a wonderful local luthier. His attention to detail is great 👍

If anyone is in the MD area, I recommend truely strings and things.

Thank you!

Yeah you’re right - .110x.057.

Yes I’ve found a wonderful local luthier. His attention to detail is great 👍

If anyone is in the MD area, I recommend truely strings and things.

Thank you!
Steve is a top notch bro, he was in my class at Roberto Venn. 👍

That LPC is looking amazing! 😍

Nice fiddle !(y)(y)(y) Personally, I hate the black plastic on Customs and always swap on cream rings, I leave off the selector switch ring and the pick guard, and I change those knobs.

I bought a 1973 Deluxe back in the mid 1980's for $375.00 . Routed it for full size humbuckers (SD PG neck and CC bridge) now. Paid Gibson Repair and Restoration(about 3 times what I had in the guitar) in 2012 to do a plane and refret , and outfitted it with a new bone nut, Tonepros ABR-1 and Aluminum tailpiece, RS guitarworks pots, etc... Still my #1 go to, to this day with the same Schaller tuners that were upgraded back in the 1980's.

Attachments

• DSC04193.JPG
    DSC04193.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back