NGD Inbound! Charvel So Cal Style 2

ewill52

I love hot rodded tele's and I really wanted a Suhr Andy Wood but I just can't bring myself to pony up $4k. I love Charvel's and always wanted to try the Style 2 and one came up on Reverb, brand new, super deal - pulled the trigger!

This will be my first guitar with the Fishman Fluence pickups, pretty pumped to try them.

I would love to have one of Andy's sig models but yeah ouch. I just got my 1st charvel last week and I'm digging it. I'm going to change the bridge pickup though

I would love to have one of Andy's sig models but yeah ouch. I just got my 1st charvel last week and I'm digging it. I'm going to change the bridge pickup though
I have a DK24 and I changed out the stock pickups. Went with the Andy Timmons AT1 in the bridge and Area single coils.

Fuck yeah, i love these.

I ended up putting together my own Warmoth SD Style 2. Shit fucks hard

Funnily enough i put Fluence Classic and Single-Width pickups in it too

man this thing KICKS ASS! Neck is just fantastic. Punches waaaaay above its weight. This is my first foray into the Fluence world, but first impressions are really good. Good sounding pickups. the coil tap isn't a true single-coil sound, but still very useable. The 2 voicings are cool. Like a really good eq tweak from one to the next. It's hard to imaging being able to buy much more guitar for the money than this.

man this thing KICKS ASS! Neck is just fantastic. Punches waaaaay above its weight. This is my first foray into the Fluence world, but first impressions are really good. Good sounding pickups. the coil tap isn't a true single-coil sound, but still very useable. The 2 voicings are cool. Like a really good eq tweak from one to the next. It's hard to imaging being able to buy much more guitar for the money than this.
Do you still feel the same way about the guitar? And did you go ash or alder?

I love hot rodded tele's and I really wanted a Suhr Andy Wood but I just can't bring myself to pony up $4k. I love Charvel's and always wanted to try the Style 2 and one came up on Reverb, brand new, super deal - pulled the trigger!

This will be my first guitar with the Fishman Fluence pickups, pretty pumped to try them.
Pics??

Back