NGD: PRS S2 594 Singlecut

napalmdeath

It's a beauty! Bought it used at a great price.

The good: It resonates beautifully, and after a set-up, it plays equally as nice, I got the intonation lazer sharp, and tuning stability/nut couldn't be more perfect. Fit and finish is excellent.

The bad: UPS damaged it. 🖕 Obviously dropped it pretty good and put a nice dent in it. It shipped in the gigbag, but seller could have done better packaging it! However, he's been cool, and Reverb stepped in since he bought protection, but it remains to be seen. I love it enough to keep it, for sure.

The other bad: pickups are god-awful. Bridge pickup is mud city, flabby, no definition, definitely not defined in any way, pure rubbish. Thankfully, I anticipated this going in owning past S2's, and got a Duncan Custom for the bridge, and a Pearly Gates for the neck. 👍
20210513_161952.jpg
20210513_134103.jpg
20210513_162011.jpg

That's a really good looking guitar the damage is not bad at all a little nail Polish can get that almost good as new and maybe youll get a couple bucks in your pocket on top of it from the damage.

That's a really good looking guitar the damage is not bad at all a little nail Polish can get that almost good as new and maybe youll get a couple bucks in your pocket on top of it from the damage.
It's actually worse than it looks. There's a nice dent!

Always nice buying a guitar that already has a ding.
You get to take the kid gloves off right away with it! (y)

Congrats!

Last edited:
It's a beauty! Bought it used at a great price.

The good: It resonates beautifully, and after a set-up, it plays equally as nice, I got the intonation lazer sharp, and tuning stability/nut couldn't be more perfect. Fit and finish is excellent.

The bad: UPS damaged it. 🖕 Obviously dropped it pretty good and put a nice dent in it. It shipped in the gigbag, but seller could have done better packaging it! However, he's been cool, and Reverb stepped in since he bought protection, but it remains to be seen. I love it enough to keep it, for sure.

The other bad: pickups are god-awful. Bridge pickup is mud city, flabby, no definition, definitely not defined in any way, pure rubbish. Thankfully, I anticipated this going in owning past S2's, and got a Duncan Custom for the bridge, and a Pearly Gates for the neck. 👍View attachment 78400View attachment 78406View attachment 78402
i frequently dont like red guitars.... this looks great!

also, i want a S2 594 in satin finish.... that will be the next WTB once i sell off some of some of these unused guitars that are filling up my office closet....

Back