O.T. NFL Sunday Ticket...WTF?!

glassjaw7

What the f*ck is the point of paying for Sunday Ticket if every damn game I want to watch is blacked out? That is all. :gethim: :doh:

Must be where I live then. This whole season so far, at least half of the games are "unavailable in my area". :cry:

kissmyace":1zzgk34m said:
If paying for Sunday Ticket, nothing should be blacked out. Unless game is on local tv?
When a game is unavailable it says "searching for game on other local channels", and it usually isn't on another channel either? :dunno:

They will blackout Charger games here. NFL says it's my "home" team. 2 friggin hours to San Diego. I agree if I am paying for it I should be able to watch them all.

Generally, if a game is unavailable it's because it's on a local channel. If you don't get it on a local channel and it's still unavailable, I recommend calling DTV back to find out if it's a tech problem and/or complain. Sometimes it takes getting to a supervisor if the first caller or two doesn't have an answer. If you're missing half the games, the company's not supposed to issue credits for sports packages like the Sunday Ticket, but sometimes they will and sometimes they will end up giving other things for free or a monthly limited discount to compensate for time without service. Hopefully that'll get straightened out for you.

i dont know how it works for the nfl sunday ticket, but with local games, if the team is considered a "local" team to your area, and they do not sell "X" amount of tickets to the game then the game will be black'd out to local viewers. it is there way of making sure that ticket sales dont fall, but if you are paying for it via nfl sunday ticket, that is B.S. for them to blackout the games

MYLILSS":2ox5ymhf said:
i dont know how it works for the nfl sunday ticket, but with local games, if the team is considered a "local" team to your area, and they do not sell "X" amount of tickets to the game then the game will be black'd out to local viewers. it is there way of making sure that ticket sales dont fall, but if you are paying for it via nfl sunday ticket, that is B.S. for them to blackout the games

That's basically the same for something like the ESPN Gameplan package. I worked there a decade and only got calls at the start of seasons regarding the NFL ticket since its policy was easy to explain, but college games could be more difficult. With the NFL, unless something's changed in the last couple years, instead of it possibly being blacked out due to ticket sales, there aren't supposed to be any local games shown on the ticket since the local channels have the rights (and advertising rights) for the local games. The reason to have NFL ticket is to watch non-local teams. For example, I live in Tulsa and was able to get Kansas City and Dallas games through local channels instead of the Sunday Ticket. If I didn't get the Ticket for free while working there, I would've had no reason to pay for it unless I wanted to watch, say, most of the Steelers games.

Games shown on local or national channels won't show on Sunday ticket. But even if a Chargers' game isn't being shown locally because of ticket sales Direct tv won't show it.

It also sucks when Direct TV won't show the game that the national channel shows. When the network switches games then you can't watch the game they aren't showing.

Shark Diver":2pl4d9yz said:
Games shown on local or national channels won't show on Sunday ticket. But even if a Chargers' game isn't being shown locally because of ticket sales Direct tv won't show it.

It also sucks when Direct TV won't show the game that the national channel shows. When the network switches games then you can't watch the game they aren't showing.
I've actually found that if you wait a few minutes, you'll be able to watch the game that was left through the ticket. This has happened to me more than once.

Back