OD1/OD2 change more noticeable with higher gain settings?

cvogue

So I bumped up my gain from 1:00 to 2:30ish and like it better, more sustain (duh!) and a little thicker which I like. I did this long ago, for some reason backed down to 1:00.

Anyway, it seems that there's more of a difference when switching between OD1 and OD2 when the gain is higher, anybody else notice this?

Bash_Man

Definitly notice that on my Splawn Nitro. OD2 definitly adds a bit of thickness to the tone. Just what I hear my self.

kmanick

just tested this myself on my super sport and once I get the gain past 1 o'clock I do hear a more drastic change on OD 2
hmmmm.... I tend to run gear 1 OD1 at about 11'oclock and use a tubescreamer type of pedal (Fractal FX8) to goose it for leads
OD 2 comes on automatically with solo boost which I use all the time at gigs. I'm going to have to try leaving the tubescreamer out and just goosing the gain up and see how I like it, I can always throw on a compressor for solos to if I need something more subtle.
Interesting :)

cvogue

just tested this myself on my super sport and once I get the gain past 1 o'clock I do hear a more drastic change on OD 2
hmmmm.... I tend to run gear 1 OD1 at about 11'oclock and use a tubescreamer type of pedal (Fractal FX8) to goose it for leads
OD 2 comes on automatically with solo boost which I use all the time at gigs. I'm going to have to try leaving the tubescreamer out and just goosing the gain up and see how I like it, I can always throw on a compressor for solos to if I need something more subtle.
Interesting :)
Cool!

Yeah I swear I heard the same thing when bumping the gain up... can't wait to try it at the next band practice. :cool: