OD1/OD2 change more noticeable with higher gain settings?

cvogue

So I bumped up my gain from 1:00 to 2:30ish and like it better, more sustain (duh!) and a little thicker which I like. I did this long ago, for some reason backed down to 1:00.

Anyway, it seems that there's more of a difference when switching between OD1 and OD2 when the gain is higher, anybody else notice this?

Definitly notice that on my Splawn Nitro. OD2 definitly adds a bit of thickness to the tone. Just what I hear my self.

just tested this myself on my super sport and once I get the gain past 1 o'clock I do hear a more drastic change on OD 2
hmmmm.... I tend to run gear 1 OD1 at about 11'oclock and use a tubescreamer type of pedal (Fractal FX8) to goose it for leads
OD 2 comes on automatically with solo boost which I use all the time at gigs. I'm going to have to try leaving the tubescreamer out and just goosing the gain up and see how I like it, I can always throw on a compressor for solos to if I need something more subtle.
Interesting :)

just tested this myself on my super sport and once I get the gain past 1 o'clock I do hear a more drastic change on OD 2
hmmmm.... I tend to run gear 1 OD1 at about 11'oclock and use a tubescreamer type of pedal (Fractal FX8) to goose it for leads
OD 2 comes on automatically with solo boost which I use all the time at gigs. I'm going to have to try leaving the tubescreamer out and just goosing the gain up and see how I like it, I can always throw on a compressor for solos to if I need something more subtle.
Interesting :)
Cool!

Yeah I swear I heard the same thing when bumping the gain up... can't wait to try it at the next band practice. :cool:

Could not hear much of a difference even with decent gain settings 12-2 oclock, the bass was overwhelming more than anything, I need to resolve this. I may end up modding the footswitch to activate OD2 when I use solo boost or something like that but I need to experiment way more before doing anythjing of that sort.

Could not hear much of a difference even with decent gain settings 12-2 oclock, the bass was overwhelming more than anything, I need to resolve this. I may end up modding the footswitch to activate OD2 when I use solo boost or something like that but I need to experiment way more before doing anythjing of that sort.
Just FYI I'm 99% sure when you kick in the solo boost it goes to OD2. Do a quick experiment, it's subtle but it's definitely there when I hit the boost on my Street Rod.

Just FYI I'm 99% sure when you kick in the solo boost it goes to OD2. Do a quick experiment, it's subtle but it's definitely there when I hit the boost on my Street Rod.
I have read that yeah, but If I read the available schematic of the footswitch and if those schematics are accurate, then I think it was not the case. But maybe it was changed at some point. I really havent played much with the amp yet, too loud, too much bass and the defective loop so I cant bring down bass and volume that way haha.

I have read that yeah, but If I read the available schematic of the footswitch and if those schematics are accurate, then I think it was not the case. But maybe it was changed at some point. I really havent played much with the amp yet, too loud, too much bass and the defective loop so I cant bring down bass and volume that way haha.
Oh man, you can't use the loop volume?!?! That thing is my best friend! Maybe an attenuator? Can you get your Nitro's loop fixed? Might be worth a shot.

Oh man, you can't use the loop volume?!?! That thing is my best friend! Maybe an attenuator? Can you get your Nitro's loop fixed? Might be worth a shot.
I got an 08 Nitro, so no return volume on the loop. I need to call Scott to see if he will send me a replacement PCB. Already exploring options to replace the Splawn loop PCB with an aftermarket tube or ss buffered loop with send and return levels.

on the quickrod circuits yes I don't know if it does on the Nitro

I should open the footswitch and check. For both the od1/od2 and the solo boost, its just an added path to ground so its just checking if solo boost also close the od1/od2 circuit to ground at the same time.

Back