Off topic feedback

fantom

Suggesting 2 things for off topic.

1. Disable uploading photos. This will help resolve the arguments about posting personal photos of other members. (Why is this even an issue?)

2. Require posts to contribute to the topic discussion, regardless of the viewpoint. I'm sure there is a way to automatically remove content that is just attacks, name calling, and a waste of space. I don't want to add work for admins or moderators.

I have no problem with differing opinions and links to misinformation. I, in fact, welcome it. It is part of why I still lurk. But the cyberbullying and constant fighting amongst like 5-10 people is ridiculous to scroll through.

Disabling uploading 'photos, IMHO, would be silly. We rely on them way-too-much these days. Heck, even most memes are 'photos.

However, as you might've seen, and as I pointed out to Donnie a short while ago, I'm happy to remove them upon-request. Definitely not a problem. If you look back at the thousands of 'photos already uploaded, only a small handful is likely to fall into this "category" of deletion upon-request.

Requiring posts to remain on-topic in an off-topic subforum? Hmm... can't see that happening I'm afraid, except that I'm not afraid. It's the nature of the beast in any forum, let alone OT.

Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions brother. I know you only want the best for the forum, as do we. The good news WRT your suggestions is that the unwanted-photo'-takedown thing has already and will continue to happen. People only have to make the requests.

HTH

1. Disable uploading photos. This will help resolve the arguments about posting personal photos of other members. (Why is this even an issue?)

2. Require posts to contribute to the topic discussion, regardless of the viewpoint. I'm sure there is a way to automatically remove content that is just attacks, name calling, and a waste of space. I don't want to add work for admins or moderators.

I have no problem with differing opinions and links to misinformation. I, in fact, welcome it. It is part of why I still lurk. But the cyberbullying and constant fighting amongst like 5-10 people is ridiculous to scroll through.
Join TGP

My OT feedback: Good job keeping it "on the other side of the tracks" because I never see it. And I was probably one of the bigger crybabies about it but only when it polluted the rest of the forum.

Thanks Brother M. :thumbsup:

We also moved it to the bottom of the Rig Talk Discussions forum list to help keep it out-of-the-way.

Here ya go!
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?home/

Last edited:

Attachments

• pelosi.jpg
    pelosi.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 56
Back