OMFG White Lion is stuck in my head…

Not all hair metal is the same IMO. By the early 90s hair metal had become a formula. The early stuff was more authentic and bands trying hard to make it. Most of the hair metal albums are full of filler but have a few great songs.

Cinderella wipes the floor with Poison but are both labeled hair metal. I always looked at White Lion as a band that sits between Poison and Dokken, etc. Great guitar!

Not all hair metal is the same IMO. By the early 90s hair metal had become a formula. The early stuff was more authentic and bands trying hard to make it. Most of the hair metal albums are full of filler but have a few great songs.

Cinderella wipes the floor with Poison but are both labeled hair metal. I always looked at White Lion as a band that sits between Poison and Dokken, etc. Great guitar!

This is definitely true. I'm more of a NWOBHM and thrash guy in general, but early Crue is very solid and raw. Ratt similar. It's like these bands had a couple of great albums in them, and then the formula was set Really, it's earlier than that though. Guns'n'Roses was a hardrock reaction against that formula to some extent, while also hitting the same audience in other ways. Yes, bands like Cinderella, Tesla, and so forth were really good old-fashioned hard rock bands that took on the trappings of the day.

In the early 90s, there are some bands that get quite a bit heavier that I really enjoyed. I listened to Ugly Kid Joe while working out today, for example. They got heavier after that first album with all the hits too. I think Skid Row gets over there too. They have the big formulaic ballad, but otherwise get pretty heavy, in a good way.

Shoot me. Wait and When The Children Cry are stuck in my head for some fucked up reason. Never liked this band. Never really knew they existed to be honest. I watched Wait on MTV and FUCK it’s welded into my brain. The songs suck lol.

You listened to White Lion, wait.....listen to Mike Tramp's previous band, this will fuck you up! lol

Back