Original song (tonenerd roxy/larry dino content)

DanTravis62

Welp, my medical leave finally ends, and I gotta go back to work monday.

So for my finale, I spent today writing, recording, and mixing this.

No overdrive pedals were used or abused in the making of this.

Just a strymon volante on the lead parts.

@scottosan makes a great pickup, and I cant recommend him highly enough

The "sunset strip" pickup was quite good, but the "roxy" is out of this world good.

Nor can I recommend the work of @novosibir highly enough, who makes the best amps on the planet.

Whether I can do his amps justice with recording, is another matter perhaps

Either way, feel free to troll or enjoy my last hurrah of being able to spend considerable time making music

My only regret is not being able to find a vocalist who can sing this style of music while i had some time:cautious:

I could listen to your music all day!

Thanks Scott, I could play your pickup in my les paul all day - and have been since I put it in :cool:

Next time you do a run of Roxys, i'm gonna have to grab a couple extra ones. What an awesome sounding pickup.

So. When i first heard this song this morning, I saw you wanted vocals. So I was like. What the hell. Like a fucking mirage turned into a spirit vision. The vocals and lyrics just came to me. Now I know that you won't see this coming. I am going to put my head down and make some magic.

Lemme get this recording shit up and I'll play bass over it, I can't fucking run reaper anymore because my computer shit but I can figure something out.

So. When i first heard this song this morning, I saw you wanted vocals. So I was like. What the hell. Like a fucking mirage turned into a spirit vision. The vocals and lyrics just came to me. Now I know that you won't see this coming. I am going to put my head down and make some magic.
Nice man! I'm stoked to see what you come up with!

Lemme get this recording shit up and I'll play bass over it, I can't fucking run reaper anymore because my computer shit but I can figure something out.
Sure man, let me know when you got your recording set up ........set up, and ill send you an mp3

Cool tune :yes:
No OD?
Larry sounds good.
I like the other ones you posted too.

Thanks man! Yeah the Larry is one of the very few amps i've ever played that truly needs no boost whatsoever.

In fact, overdrive pedals kind of sound plastic and shitty in comparison to the natural amp gain, and make it sound worse than without a pedal.

The larry can absolutely do a more "modern' style heavy tone too, without a boost, i'm just not really into those sounds, though I have fucked around with it.

Here's a quick "modern" style clip:

Nor can I recommend the work of @novosibir highly enough, who makes the best amps on the planet.

Whether I can do his amps justice with recording, is another matter perhaps
You've done a great work with this recording :thumbsup:
I'm curious how you'll sound, when you got your Pure Metal Machine 😎

You've done a great work with this recording :thumbsup:
I'm curious how you'll sound, when you got your Pure Metal Machine 😎

I'm very excited Larry! Your amp has been paradigm shifting for me as a musician, it feels as much my "instrument" as the guitar is by this point.

I'm dying to play the pmm and take it through it's paces and do some recording 😍😍😍

I'm very excited Larry! Your amp has been paradigm shifting for me as a musician, it feels as much my "instrument" as the guitar is by this point.

I'm dying to play the pmm and take it through it's paces and do some recording 😍😍😍
Nice playing man!! So tight and articulate!! Can you tell me which power tubes did you choose for your PMM?

Back