Panel Mount Cables

spanny

I'm looking into picking up panel mount cables (1/4" and 5 pin midi). I'm terrible at making cables so figure I'll buy some but not sure where to go. Any recommendations for where I can go to get these? The panel end would be a female connector then having a 3' cable with a male connector on the other side.

Thanks!

Everyone sucks at soldering until they make a breakout panel. Here is the perfect chance to get good at soldering. I would order everything from Redco Audio and wire it up. That's what I did.

If you still want it wired up for you, I'm sure Redco can prewire the panel ends and cables. I would measure everything out and go with exact measurements. You want a little slack in there, but you don't want to have eight inches hanging out. Nobody likes it when you have eight inches hanging out.

20210315_210852.jpg
20210314_190727.jpg

Ah yes. That’s what I thought we were talking about. When I was doing an Axe FX rig I wanted to build one from redco but never got around to it.

Ah yes. That’s what I thought we were talking about. When I was doing an Axe FX rig I wanted to build one from redco but never got around to it.
Do it. It makes life really easy. Especially if you gig. Having the breakout set for FOH streamlines the whole process. Then you make cable snakes and color code everything and a monkey could set your rig up for the very low cost of a banana.

Do it. It makes life really easy. Especially if you gig. Having the breakout set for FOH streamlines the whole process. Then you make cable snakes and color code everything and a monkey could set your rig up for the very low cost of a banana.
I was actually doing it for my Helix rack live!

It looks like Redco doesn't do panel mount ends on their online cable builder. I know they sell all the parts (I got thg them for mine), and I'm sure they could build them. You might have to get the whole panel done by them though. Now that I think about it, when I built my panels, the order of operations kinda prevents dropping in a pre-made wire. The panel end should mount in a rubber (color coded) sealing gasket (optional) and have a boot behind it covering the connections. It would be a bitch to mount to the panel if that was pre-wired. Of course, you could just get the panel and a bunch of feed through jacks.

Back