Pickup Wiring help

MarcoR

This is probably a dumb question but, I got a set of Afwayu's and I don’t know which is the neck and which is the bridge. :doh: I’m guessing they’re the same? Put screw poles on outside? It looks like the wire color is the same as SDs.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for 2 humbuckers, 1 volume, 2 tones and a 5 way switch?

I think I want the switch positions to be:
1. Bridge
2. Bridge and neck split.
3. Bridge and neck parallel
4. Neck split.
5. Neck

I don't know MCP's wiring color, but I would assume the pickups are not the same for bridge and neck. Typically, the neck is not as hot as the bridge. You could check them by measuring the resistance of each pickup with a multimeter. The higher the resistance, the hotter the pickup--usually. 15k vs. 10k

I also think you would need a megaswitch if you want to do all those splits with a 5-way and no other switches or push pull pots.

muudrock":3hdksm64 said:
I don't know MCP's wiring color, but I would assume the pickups are not the same for bridge and neck. Typically, the neck is not as hot as the bridge. You could check them by measuring the resistance of each pickup with a multimeter. The higher the resistance, the hotter the pickup--usually. 15k vs. 10k

I also think you would need a megaswitch if you want to do all those splits with a 5-way and no other switches or push pull pots.

15.99 and 9.96 Bridge and neck identified! Thanks, my brain wasn't working; when I get new toys, everything gets hazy.

I have a super 5 way switch, I'm going to just copy how my Big Apple Strat is wired.

MarcoR":1wl6os3l said:
muudrock":1wl6os3l said:

15.99 and 9.96 Bridge and neck identified! Thanks, my brain wasn't working; when I get new toys, everything gets hazy.

I have a super 5 way switch, I'm going to just copy how my Big Apple Strat is wired.

That should work.
Let us know how those sound wired up like that.

2hum_1vol_1tone_super5way.jpg

Here are MCP's wiring codes:

For our 4 conductor, The colors are as follows:

Screw coil: Slug Coil:

black- Start Green Start
White-Finish Red Finish

Back