Price check on a Mako Dorado

gbsmusic

I have a friend that has a Mako Dorato and he is looking to sell it but he doesn't know the value, he took it in on trade he said it is hand signed and hand wired and I guess it's the last one that the guy built that info is written on the chassis also. He's going to send me pictures tomorrow afternoon when he gets home I just thought I'd get a early start on what you guys might think on a price for it? I've seen a few of these here years ago but I have no clue on pricing. Thanks for any info👍

probably a lot...lol...but he should sell it to me cheap!!! Honestly I have no idea. builder was a nice guy with some killer designs..especially the mak 4. The dorado was supposed to be his high gain monster if memory serves....

probably a lot...lol...but he should sell it to me cheap!!! Honestly I have no idea. builder was a nice guy with some killer designs..especially the mak 4. The dorado was supposed to be his high gain monster if memory serves....
Yeah my friend says it's a beast of an amp and it has its own thing going on, it doesn't really sound like anything else. I haven't heard it myself.

Last edited:
I had both the makoplex and the Dorado. Got them for around 1200 each in 2011 or so. Well built amps worthy of praise. Plenty of people would want them now for 2k imo. This price is based on the current market being crazy and the rarity of the amp. Those amps used to have a rabid fan base.

Thank you for the info guys that will give him a starting point on what he wants to sell it for.

$1200. Like many amps that came out back then. Cauble, Mako, Roccaforte and others. Nice handwired builds. Also non handwired stuff like Elmwoods and others . $1200 would be a fair price. $1500 to $2000 way too high. Low resale value makes it a losing proposition to overpay. I had both. Andrew is a stellar human being and was very passionate about over building these things.

/\ yes,over built is the perfect way to describe the Mako amps.
Willing to bet they would survive the American Tourister gorilla test....

$1200. Like many amps that came out back then. Cauble, Mako, Roccaforte and others. Nice handwired builds. Also non handwired stuff like Elmwoods and others . $1200 would be a fair price. $1500 to $2000 way too high. Low resale value makes it a losing proposition to overpay. I had both. Andrew is a stellar human being and was very passionate about over building these things.
Agreed. Rare can sometimes mean a super small resale market.

I remember checking out a buddies Mako, don’t remember the model, but sweet Jesus, this thing SOUNDED INCREDIBLE!!!

I was like, “give me, give me, I want, I want, I NEEEEEED!!!”

It was such a bad ass amp.

What’s up with Mako dude? Does he make them still? I remember he made that pre amp like 45 years ago prior to my ascension into this realm of madness, that only grows more bizarre, twisted, psychotic, and savage by the day. Whoa! The world is most definitely in deep trouble. The kids of today are going to have some stuff to deal with in the coming decades. These are problems with complex solutions that will take much time.

If you want the amp you will pay the price for amps that are seldom if ever around anymore. These hypothetical prices being thrown around are hilarious.

That would be my old amp. He built one last PTP one for me and wrote it on the chassis. A bit of a one trick pony, but what it did do, it did well.

That would be my old amp. He built one last PTP one for me and wrote it on the chassis. A bit of a one trick pony, but what it did do, it did well.

I've seen three PTP Dorados that all said "last one" on it lol. Maybe he meant last run. One said Last 1 4 JB as the serial number. Another had something else written to the effect of "last PTP" and another with something similar. I think the PCB ones were built quite well. Really good construction.

Why'd you get rid of it?

Man, you haven't been around here in a long time, no? I remember YEARS ago when you posted Mako clips that were insane!

Back