• Thread starter Deleted member 43831
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43831

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Geo
Most guitarists are not aware that they pull or press on the strings too hard making the notes go sharp and out of tune - poor intonation. This will go unnoticed until someone points it out and you get that 'a-ha' moment where you start to get it.
Regarding vibrato, the most important technique. Nothing comes close to developing great vibrato.
I'll file this under "no shit".

With a properly setup guitar neck, you need frets the right height to avoid over pressuring the note played with them being too high. This has nothing to do with intonation, which is a separate function of getting the bridge properly intonated, the string adjusted to the right length and also the right height/angle/etc.

Vibrato is another thing, that's just a lot of practice in getting your fingers to move right.

Correct, this is a far different key demographic than say a facebook group or TGP

The vast majority of people here can actually play, well
I might need to go to TGP. I fucking suck with good equipment. But it’s all a relative suck. I might suck ass but not a dick. And if it’s ass; there is hot, fat, crazy, shitty, and nasty mud butt. I would guess I’m in the hot ass. Not my preference but better than the other levels. My next level is tainted. I’m practicing though.

Sounds cool. Too much wah and trem usage to judge the quality of intonation though.
It actually wasn't intended as an example of my intonation; just to demonstrate I can play 🤷

And that a huge number of players here, likewise, are quite experienced and talented

I might need to go to TGP. I fucking suck with good equipment. But it’s all a relative suck. I might suck ass but not a dick. And if it’s ass; there is hot, fat, crazy, shitty, and nasty mud butt. I would guess I’m in the hot ass. Not my preference but better than the other levels. My next level is tainted. I’m practicing though.

You're honest about it at least though man.

The problem is, like with tgp guys, they pretend that they can play, and lord their "knowledge" over others 😂

You're honest about it at least though man.

The problem is, like with tgp guys, they pretend that they can play, and lord their "knowledge" over others 😂
I can emulate well. I’m not like the guy who played with vai at that class that was posted the other day. My inability to come up with new innovative shit bothers me but I have a good day job so I’m not making a living at playing Bon Jovi and the eagles. Some folks have it. Some don’t. I guess I can fake really well for the drinking type. For musicians…… ehhhh I would be judged.

I can emulate well. I’m not like the guy who played with vai at that class that was posted the other day. My inability to come up with new innovative shit bothers me but I have a good day job so I’m not making a living at playing Bon Jovi and the eagles. Some folks have it. Some don’t. I guess I can fake really well for the drinking type. For musicians…… ehhhh I would be judged.

Well as long as youre having fun man :rock:

Back