Question for shiva owners or experts

lessarti

I recently got a used 2005 shiva w/ reverb head and am noticing it has a slight low hum/buzz when turned on. The hum noise only gets subtly louder when the presence is maxed out, the noise does not get louder upon volume or master volume getting louder. Can someone help me out? I know it isn't preamp tubes as i already did swapping each v socket and to no avail no diff was made. I think it is the powertubes as they are jj teslas and bogner recommends svets but am no expert on this thing..

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Please someone from bogner themselves help me here or reply to my email?? I had no idea it would be that hard to get an idea or answer.. :aww:

lessarti":3xprbzi6 said:
Please someone from bogner themselves help me here or reply to my email?? I had no idea it would be that hard to get an idea or answer.. :aww:

Dude, its Sunday...I think even Jesus takes Sundays off ;) pretty unlikely you'll get a response from the Bogner shop on any weekend, you'll will need to wait until Monday. Lack of response from here just says nobody else has encountered this.

In the meantime it sounds like basic amp noise, especially if it doesnt get any louder as you increase volume. Is your gain knob maxed out ??? doesn't sound like anything is broken, I seem to remember my Shiva having a fairly high noise floor, no biggie though. Just play it !

Hey, thanks for the response.

Don't get me wrong, I am playing and I am totally digging and loving this amps tone!! I just wanted to know if the slight hum was normal or not or usual powertube thing.. i know for sure it isn't a faulty preamp tube so was curious if my hunch is correct..

I suppose i will need to learn the ol' art of "patience" :doh:

Anyhow no harm intended, just the usual anticipation of knowledge flowing from the masters and creators themselves. ;)

Thanks, updated: spoke with charlie from bogner, thanks for the help bogner!

Most likely powertubes.

Back