Questions about the Bogner Ecstacy VS. the Bogner Uberschall

Thanks Visual . . . I am going to do exactly that. Chances are, the number is correct. I'll report back once I get a little more information. It would be cool to know when it was built. That's the only goal anyway.

This is what someone posted on my thread . . . they were pretty fast with it, which is really cool.

"To find the date, unscrew the 4 bottom screws. Pull out the chassis. Look for the date handwritten in marker. You're done!! Don't touch the big blue caps or you'll get fried. I'm going to guess yours is 1993."

He agreed that the amp is almost definitely "numbered" therefore, NOT one of the first 500 but exactly #1555 . . . which is just fine with me. It's great to actually KNOW instead of just thinking that I know.

By the way Visual, do you have a Bogner amp? I am trying to learn all that I can about the Ecstacy 101B, as I will be adding it to my studio in the near future, if or when I can. I'm doing pretty good so far.

Yeah, I had an Ecstasy that I sold last December. Even though it was pre-2004 and therefore didn't have the gain mod on the red channel, there was plenty of gain.

People who criticize the clean channel don't seem to put in the effort to tweak it. Check out this article for some tips on how to get a great clean:

http://bognerampforum.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=257

For great tone at low volumes, set the controls on the back to "1/2 power", "Class A", and "Old voicing". Apparently this configuration has an approximate output of merely 7 watts. Considering the default settings get you 120 watts, that's pretty amazing IMO.

So... other than that... run the mids hiiiiigh. That's where all the nice harmonic overtones are. No scooping the mids. Scooping is baaaad.

Blah, this is making me want to buy another Ecstasy. Sadly, I can't, because I'll be studying in Japan next year and don't think an amp would fit into my suitcase :no:

This is all good information . . . I never scoop my mids anyway . . . I always thought it sounded "hollow".

I have a definite need for the sound I'm hearing in the Ecstacy samples marked "red" . . . it's "almost" an Uberschall tone but not so "over the top" . . . I know it does all the more "classic rock" sounds, and I am very sure that they'll come in very handy.

I am worried that I actually will need the Uber and the Ecstacy too. I work for alot of metal bands and it would certainly be more brutal sounding than anything these guys will be able to afford . . . unless of course they get a Bogner Uberschall. I mean, as "tough-guy metal guitar tones" go, what's more brutal than THAT??

It would be so fun to be forced to decide "which Bogner should we go with?" on a track . . . if that's the toughest decision to make on a given day, you have had a great day.

What are you studying that makes you have to do it in Japan?? I've never left the states, besides the Bahamas, which doesn't really count.

Back