Really Diggin the Wiz

jcm800x4

I bought a used 50 watt MC. I'm not sure what year it is but its got the gold plexi face, no loop or bright contorls on the back. Its got the popping issues when you switch channels. the clean channel is overly bright but I'm starting to like it the more I screw around with it. The dirt channel is the equivalent of me, twin blondes, a brunette, and a red head, all playmates (none of which can speak unless spoken to) a slip and slide and a gallon of wesson oil. Holy shit is this the amp I've dreamed of!!! I've owned every model of marshall made (yes even a real plexi) , Sl100's, Splawn, Bogner, Mesa, Orange, Fargen, BE100....you name it....and this amp is it. Tons of tone, organic and HUGE! But not compressed. Its a true beast! But I'm sure you guys know this already.

I recently reached out to Rick and asked about updates and adding the loop to it. He said he would do all, only charging for the loop and shipping. My question is.....how long will this take? I'm always told by company's "quick turn around" but that rarely happens. I can't or don't want to be with out this head for very long. I gig almost every weekend. I've got other amps I can use but I'm spoiled and don't want to use them. Has anyone sent theirs to canada before? Did you get it back in a reasonable time frame?

How does the MCII compare? I know the loop is there and all the other issues have been addressed but I don't want the tone or the feel of the dirt channel to change AT ALL! :rock:

Rick was timely and open about when he could do some mods/additions to my old MC. If he has a window of opportunity to do them, he'll let you know and won't let your amp sit there for months while he's on the road. That was my experience anyway.

jcm800x4":1c1bdjgi said:
I bought a used 50 watt MC. I'm not sure what year it is but its got the gold plexi face, no loop or bright contorls on the back. Its got the popping issues when you switch channels. the clean channel is overly bright but I'm starting to like it the more I screw around with it. The dirt channel is the equivalent of me, twin blondes, a brunette, and a red head, all playmates (none of which can speak unless spoken to) a slip and slide and a gallon of wesson oil. Holy shit is this the amp I've dreamed of!!! I've owned every model of marshall made (yes even a real plexi) , Sl100's, Splawn, Bogner, Mesa, Orange, Fargen, BE100....you name it....and this amp is it. Tons of tone, organic and HUGE! But not compressed. Its a true beast! But I'm sure you guys know this already.

I recently reached out to Rick and asked about updates and adding the loop to it. He said he would do all, only charging for the loop and shipping. My question is.....how long will this take? I'm always told by company's "quick turn around" but that rarely happens. I can't or don't want to be with out this head for very long. I gig almost every weekend. I've got other amps I can use but I'm spoiled and don't want to use them. Has anyone sent theirs to canada before? Did you get it back in a reasonable time frame?

How does the MCII compare? I know the loop is there and all the other issues have been addressed but I don't want the tone or the feel of the dirt channel to change AT ALL! :rock:

Welcome to the club Sir. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can't explain how much I love this amp. And yes, Snagged it from fleabay a few weeks ago.

Exchanged a few emails with Rick he says a one week turn around! Seems like a great dude. I'm a little freaked out about the taxes and brokerage fees etc....he told me $70 going into canada but i dont know how much coming back. Any ideas? But I'm gonna send it to him anyway!

There shouldn't be any fees going into Canada, provided you include the appropriate paperwork stating that it is being returned for warranty service and will then be returned back to the U.S.

You should only have to pay brokerage fees on commercial sales and/or gifts with a value greater than $50, and this is neither - you are having an existing amp modded (call it a warranty repair) and then returned to you.

yes, thats right.. he quoted me 70 as well. He has a contact in upstate NY who will set up the paperwork for you. i just purchased a new headshell from rick yesterday.. cant wait to get it. report back how you like the upgrades

Got gigs this weekend and next then she's headed to canada for an oil change and a front end alignment. :thumbsup:

Back