Recording via Comp Out

Sorry for the noobish q, but the load being the cab or some other device like a hotplate, right?

Oh, I know that. Maybe I should re-word my question: Is it ok to use the cab as the load if I use the comp out to record to the computer? :)

Jeeez...I know what a load is. I'm asking if it is ok to have the cab connected to the amp when using the comp out for recording to a PC. ;)

:|::QBB:
scottph":dc02d said:
Jeeez...I know what a load is. I'm asking if it is ok to have the cab connected to the amp when using the comp out for recording to a PC. ;)

There's no problem. Comp out is a preamp out not a poweramp out.
Just don't use the head alone without a cab.
Though Olaf is right, if you have a loadbox (Palmer let's say) and you record via the loadbox the result will be better than a standard preamp out.

Thanks man!
So you would record this way (with the cab attached, obviously:) Amp comp out -> fx-box (preferably) -> comp in?

:|::QBB:
scottph":4e37e said:
Thanks man!
So you would record this way (with the cab attached, obviously:) Amp comp out -> fx-box (preferably) -> comp in?

Yep and I would use a speaker simulator like cab tone too for instance.
Eg. Amp->Cab, Preamp or Comp Output to Speaker Simulator then to recording equipment.

Well good if that's amusing to you. Sorry I'm not all wise and stuff...I'd rather ask a stupid question than give stupid answers.

Back