"Red Devil" Concept Artwork

cyndicate":1gcp2t5q said:
First one looks much better IMO
The plain one? It looks so empty in the middle though unless I'd move the Red Devil text up there under the LED. Maybe I'll mockup that version too with my graphics program to see how that looks. I'll post this alternate graphic for comparision:

red_devil_comp_1590b1.jpg
red_devil_text_only.jpg

Also thanks all for your comments and critque so far! It helps me see with extra pairs of eyes. :)

Steve Mavronis":2l4dqbl1 said:
cyndicate":2l4dqbl1 said:
First one looks much better IMO

The plain one? It looks so empty in the middle though unless I'd move the Red Devil text up there under the LED. Maybe I'll mockup that version too with my graphics program to see how that looks. I'll edit this post with a graphic for comparision later.

Yeah the plain one, I don't think it looks empty at all.

Are you only doing this for yourself or are you looking to sell them to other players too?

If you're looking to sell them...Don't go with a horse of any kind, from looking at this thread, you're the only one who likes that stupid horse :D
I think it looks gay and most guitarists don't want a tribute to a car on their fx pedal.

If you're just making it for yourself, then do whatever you like most.

half the appeal with fx pedals these days (coz there's so many) is how they look...and I reckon you're onto a killer design

I honestly like the very first one too Steve. I wonder how no graphic and a 'script' text would look?...probably too close to the MXR script reissue! :D Still, I like your first one the best. It looks lean and clean!

you should work a Red Devil Squid on it someway...and use the led as its eye.

and no chick things or screwy Peavey spelling or terminology.

Hmm, a Red Devil Squid! I didn't know there was such a thing, that sounds interesting. I would like to incorporate the LED into an eye. I hear ya about the horse and the merits of a plain design too. I think my participation in the DIY forum communities too puts peer pressure on me to compete with everyone else's graphics on pedals. Maybe I don't need to bother? All this is in flux until I commit to a design and etch it. The main reason for the title being Red- whatever is because the original Dyna Comp is red. Please hope I don't try to call it Simply Red whatever I do! Other popular phrases or idioms with the word red might be catchy. Come to think of it why have red in the title at all because the color is obvious? Don't be surprised if the graphics and text changes a couple more times.
;)

Google them, they are awesome. They are aggressive, cannibalistic, have awesome bioluminescent shows...purportedly eat people. El Diablo Rojo.

Okay, well trying a new theme yet again. The dragon head graphic is a free font from the 'dafont.com' website. The circle border is added separately in another layer. I like using font's for graphics because they are vector scalable and don't loose resolution. I recommend anyone doing pedal graphics to try these special character fonts. I have artistic skills and could hand draw graphics but using scalable fonts is a time saver.

I'm not sure if I like the 'Dragon Attack' name but using compressors does affect ones picking attack while playing. Here's versions with a 5mm LED and with 3mm and plastic LED holder.

dragon_attack_comp.jpg
dragon_attack_comp3mmled.jpg

Let me know what you think. The main thing I like is using the LED as the dragon's eye.

Thanks! Give me some name suggestions. I named this new dragon graphic version in a hurry. The word Attack relates to compressor pedals. Another word to replace Dragon maybe since it's kind of obvious with the graphic? Or how about:

Dragon's Eye
Compressor

I don't know, there are so many names to brainstorm over...

Icefyre

One of the two remaining dragons from the Tawny Man trilogy by Robin Hobb. The other is Tintglia.

:rock: :LOL: :LOL:

I kind like using the shield as the LED on this Greek calvary warrior. I added the arm with spear from part of another font in the same set:

3080greek.jpg

(don't think I was this bad trying to decide on graphics for my last pedal, geeze!)

Steve Mavronis":1h7981z5 said:
I originally wanted the DC jack at the top too but the PCB is in the way because of how it is mounted with the pots attached. Plus on this compressor I have to go with vertical standing resistors because there are so many parts on a rather small PCB size.

Well here's some examples using girl graphics. That do you think?

devilwoman_comp.jpg
This one :thumbsup:

Back