Regale me with your Wizard amp experiences

As everyone above stated, it has a lot to do with the feel of these amps. There is a percussive authority and immediacy in the attack you only can get by sitting in front of one. And as Braintheory stated, there is a quality to the notes I've not come across in any other amp....must be directly linked to the quality of components, but other amps come across somewhat harsh and much less organic.

I’d also add on another note that the Wizard Leopard Overdrive is a killer boost pedal that has some of the qualities in it of the amps. I’ve owned almost 140 different boosts over the years including every one I’ve seen mentioned on this forum (have 10 currently that I’ve kept) and the Leopard is one of my top 4. It is noisy though. I have also a Deadweald Duality DX and Mudkiller and they have their place to also be keepers, but I think the Leopard is tonally a much higher quality pedal

Well I forgot that i started this thread. But there is a ton of information on it. I am really excited. I do play loud so if I have to gate it just for the background noise, I will. I like to play around 105-110 dbs...hearing be damned.
But the best sounding amp i have ever played was the Bogner Twin Jet. The soldano avenger (100 watt) was a close second. I am getting the W800, so i think some of the things you guys are describing may be different from mine just because mine is like a Rick version of the 2203. 100 watts of pure bliss I imagine. But I imagine it will have a lot less gain than the metal or mcII. I just bought a koko boost for it to try with my 808hw. Hopefully one or both works with it.

They are not compressed and therefore very quiet, relative to other high gain amps.

They are really something special as far as amps go. since I have a limited budget, if I didn't already have a Larry (which is another bag of worms) I would have a wizard.

Those amp makers (along with Naylor) really nail the ooomph and power of a really good vintage Marshall, and that's why they have the reputation they do.

Wizards are absolutely insane, especially with a live band at volume.
Ok. Well, you bastard. You have to talk about the larry, too. lmao. this is about wizards, but i can lust after two

I like their Head Shells.. It makes so much sense to me to just put holes in the sides for your hands. I wish everyone did that. I hate a stupid Strap Handle in the middle like your 1 hand is the Incredible Hulk and you can carry a Big Iron Head like a school kid's lunch Box.. LOL

Well I forgot that i started this thread. But there is a ton of information on it. I am really excited. I do play loud so if I have to gate it just for the background noise, I will. I like to play around 105-110 dbs...hearing be damned.
But the best sounding amp i have ever played was the Bogner Twin Jet. The soldano avenger (100 watt) was a close second. I am getting the W800, so i think some of the things you guys are describing may be different from mine just because mine is like a Rick version of the 2203. 100 watts of pure bliss I imagine. But I imagine it will have a lot less gain than the metal or mcII. I just bought a koko boost for it to try with my 808hw. Hopefully one or both works with it.
The koko boost and the Wizard seemed like they were made for each other. It’s been my fav boost for yrs, and it loves my MTL. I got the Leopard, thinking it would send the koko...nope, sold the Leopard.

The koko boost and the Wizard seemed like they were made for each other. It’s been my fav boost for yrs, and it loves my MTL. I got the Leopard, thinking it would send the koko...nope, sold the Leopard.

yep. The 2 button Koko boost is my favorite and not just with Wizards... with everything. Mine has seen a lot of other ODs come and go... even the Leopard.

I almost ordered the leopard when I decided to go wizard. But I looked back at all the wizard archives and saw that the koko got overwhelming praise..also with the jcm800. So, it seemed like a no brainer.

I'll add this...of all the bands I've seen over the years, the BEST tone I've ever heard live was The Pretty Reckless...twice in 2014. Not sure which Wizard he uses; probably the MCII since it sounded more like a modded Marshall. The MTL has a 'hollow' midrange that's a bit odd to me...but great for the scooped crowd.

I'll add this...of all the bands I've seen over the years, the BEST tone I've ever heard live was The Pretty Reckless...twice in 2014. Not sure which Wizard he uses; probably the MCII since it sounded more like a modded Marshall. The MTL has a 'hollow' midrange that's a bit odd to me...but great for the scooped crowd.

they got a pair of Hybrids in March 2020. Rick posted them on Facebook.

Great band man. Taylor is such a killer. I’ve also seen them with him playing Wizards and his tone was massive.

Food for the machine. Lol...

xZE9Po0.jpg
Sweet Jesus..............

Congrats on the expected inbound Wizard amp to the original poster!! I now am a proud recent owner of a Wizard MC II 2016, and it slays for days. I am a HUGE megadeth/metallica/dream theater tone chaser and this amp IS Garage Inc. You will love the amp, it is unforgiving and immediate response for picking style, but VERY dynamically sensitive so once you "learn the feel" of the amp you will be rewarded ten fold! I actually am finding I prefer the MC II to the 2012 MTL due to the upper mid harmonic sonic spectrum, at least to my ears. ALL these amps slay!!
Wizard MC II 2016 C transformer serial #84.jpg

Congrats on the expected inbound Wizard amp to the original poster!! I now am a proud recent owner of a Wizard MC II 2016, and it slays for days. I am a HUGE megadeth/metallica/dream theater tone chaser and this amp IS Garage Inc. You will love the amp, it is unforgiving and immediate response for picking style, but VERY dynamically sensitive so once you "learn the feel" of the amp you will be rewarded ten fold! I actually am finding I prefer the MC II to the 2012 MTL due to the upper mid harmonic sonic spectrum, at least to my ears. ALL these amps slay!! View attachment 77088

Agree with everything here. Once you master the feel/articulation aspect of these amps, there is a certain feeling of being rewarded. I love the way they respond when you dig in hard...such dynamic response. Many like the MTL better, but I'm on the same page regarding the mids voicing. The MCII has much more upper mid grind.

Congrats on the expected inbound Wizard amp to the original poster!! I now am a proud recent owner of a Wizard MC II 2016, and it slays for days. I am a HUGE megadeth/metallica/dream theater tone chaser and this amp IS Garage Inc. You will love the amp, it is unforgiving and immediate response for picking style, but VERY dynamically sensitive so once you "learn the feel" of the amp you will be rewarded ten fold! I actually am finding I prefer the MC II to the 2012 MTL due to the upper mid harmonic sonic spectrum, at least to my ears. ALL these amps slay!! View attachment 77088
Congrats, man. Hope you love it. I got minne friday. It is much different than I expected, but in a good way. I am now set with guitars and amps...Now i just get to play

Back