Reverb unit/pedal/box. What are you using?

Dig

If you're using reverb, and it isn't your amp's built in reverb, what are you using? What are the pros and cons of it?

A little background on the reason for my question: I recently bought a used Roland SRV-2000 reverb unit because it was really cheap, and I was curious. It does some neat things, but I don't see it becoming part of my live rig. The digital-ness of it just stands out like a sore thumb. I know there are a handful of pedals and such available, but I've never tried any of them. I'm setting up a wet/dry rig or possibly a wet/dry/wet rig hence the use of an external reverb as opposed to the buit-in amp reverb. Thanks in advance for your help!

I use a couple of different units: Lexicon PCM80 (Primary unit for normal reverbs), and an Eventide H8000FW for crazy stuff.

Pros: They are THAT sound and offer tweakability for most any preference.

Cons: They are a bit pricey for some. The Lexicon has a lag time when switching between presets, so using it in a parallel configuration w/ a line mixer makes live use smoother.

Demeter Reverbulator

http://www.demeteramps.com/products/pedals/rvb1.html

Dual spring reverb tanks in a pedal, love mine.

reverbnew.jpg

danyeo":1fntcs9h said:
If you're going with a pedal and don't want to spend a lot, look at the Line 6 Verbzilla or Digitech hardwire. If you can spend $300 then look at the Strymon Blue Sky Reverb.

+1

I'm using the Hardwire RV7 and think it's great. If I won the lottery I'd probably try out the T-Rex Room Mate or Strymon, but I'm very content with the Hardwire at the moment.

Those are some excellent suggestions! :thumbsup: Thank you. I've never heard of the Strymon before. Then again, I have never really looked for a reverb pedal before either. I liked the clips. The Reverbulator is another one I had not heard of. I will definitely check that out. I do, however, know of the T-Rex, and Hardwire pedals. All options are still on the table at this point. As for the Lexicon and Eventide units: While they are probably an obvious choice for THAT sound, as Zachman put it, my price range is well below either of them .... currently. ;)

Does anyone have any experience with the Electro-Harmonix Cathedral Stereo Reverb Pedal?

Again.... thanks for the excellent suggestions, and if anyone comes up with anything else then - by all means - post it. :)

I still use 2 Yamaha REV-7's from 30 years ago in my rack
they have a live room patch that I love :D
adds depth and dimension without sounding anything like a reverb

danyeo":1qmkocj2 said:
If you're going with a pedal and don't want to spend a lot, look at the Line 6 Verbzilla or Digitech hardwire. If you can spend $300 then look at the Strymon Blue Sky Reverb.
Oh. My. God. That may the most beautiful thing I have heard in a long time. Damn you for making me aware of its existence...

Back