Revolt Signal routing question

AnyNameYouWish

Saw the manual was now on the site but doesn't include a block diagram. This is what I want to do with my revolt + cab m plus to get as much flexibility into my daw with as few cables / devices as possible:

1: Send direct guitar signal from the "send" out to my interface to capture a direct guitar signal in case I want to reamp it later. Does this have anything applied to it at all before it leaves the unit? Also to make sure - is there no internal signal cutoff when plugging into send only? Hopefully it only gets cut off when putting a plug into the return jack.

2: I can send a cab sim free amplified output from the 1/4" out jack to my cab M+ so I can both record that and hear that during recording.

3: I can send an amplified cab sim free (thanks to switch on unit) signal via XLR to my interface if I change my mind and want to use a different cab sim later.

99% sure on 2&3, so the question of straight pass thru without cuttoff for the revolt plus is the only real unknown.

I’ll be doing something similar. When I first read your question, I thought #1 isn’t going to work that way and the solution is a direct box after your guitar… However, after considering that the ReVolt has some interesting internal routing that allows for different setups and uses (like adding 3 preamps to any amp via 4 cable method), maybe you’re onto something. I’ll be looking forward to Two Notes’ response. My ReVolt shipped from Sweetwater today and is expected to arrive Monday, so next week is going to be experimental and fun!

Good morning @AnyNameYouWish and @DTMguitar ,

Thanks so much for reaching out. Please see answers to your questions below!

1: Send direct guitar signal from the "send" out to my interface to capture a direct guitar signal in case I want to reamp it later. Does this have anything applied to it at all before it leaves the unit? Also to make sure - is there no internal signal cutoff when plugging into send only? Hopefully it only gets cut off when putting a plug into the return jack.
  • You certainly can providing the 4-Cable Method Switch is engaged and you bypass the channels on the ReVolt Unit.
2: I can send a cab sim free amplified output from the 1/4" out jack to my cab M+ so I can both record that and hear that during recording.
  • Oh Yes! As a matter of fact this output never has the analogue cabinet simulation engaged
3: I can send an amplified cab sim free (thanks to switch on unit) signal via XLR to my interface if I change my mind and want to use a different cab sim later.
  • You guess it! You certainly can providing the cab sim switch is disengaged.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

Kind regards.

Ross

Back