Runt 20 owners, are you still loving it?

ledvedder

I got my Runt 20 and matching cab about 2 weeks ago now. At first, I thought I was completely going to love it. But after playing it for the past 2 weeks, I'm not so sure. Now, I haven't played it at band rehearsal yet, only at home. Just trying to dial it in to where I like it. The first downer was when I hooked up my HX Effects to it. Horrible hum and popping when I use it to change channels. Lifting the ground from the amp switching cable reduced the hum significantly, but it's still slightly there, along with the pop.

Something that I always look for in an amp is that great 'ch-chunk' sound when you mute the strings and quickly run the pick up and down on the strings. It's so hard to explain in words. But it seems to lack that. I also feel like it's a very dry, anemic overdrive tone, if that makes sense. Maybe I'm not dialing it in correctly? At this price point, I guess I was expecting more. I don't know. Maybe I need to give it more time. I just want to make the right decision within the return window.

I'm wondering how other owners or past owners feel about there Runt. Why do you love it, or why did you move on from it?

Do you have your HX connected to usb and your computer? My stomp hums like crazy until I disconnect the cable and then it is quiet.

Back