• Nay

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Samhain

Banned
51VKZX0ydoL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Yea or nay ?

Should have it this afternoon.
Will find out what its all about anyway.
Never had Fishman pups before.

I’d love one, but would immediately have it oversprayed with clear nitro gloss, or if you can’t do that, clear poly gloss. I don’t like matte finishes.

I can only speak for myself but its a really decent guitar. Fit n finish plus CNC is all spot on. This one is brand new/NOS from 2019. Had .009's i put .011's on it with minimal amount of setup. This is the kind of guitar you just make a couple tweaks here & there and its exactly how you like it.
I have an original 1987 Charvel that i love but they are different animals each in their own way.
This Pro Mod neck is a bit more chunky in a good way. 25.5 scale like my ESP's.
The Fishman actives are super cool. Kinda like an EMG but way more clear and open airy sounding. And not sterile.
All in all it works for me and is a good score.
I don't know too much about Russell/Satchel but i know this guitar had to be the way he wanted it and i must say im impressed.
Hats of to the boys at Fender/Charvel.

Last edited:
I have one …. Personally I didn’t care for the neck shape. It felt fatter than the standard charvel neck profile. I still have the guitar, I just stuck a custom Warmoth neck on it. They are great guitars though for sure !

The Fishman Fluence pickups are truly amazing. Like the first EMG's that came out years ago but better.
Very warm for actives. Very dynamic and clear as a bell but still with drive & gain when pushed.

https://www.fishman.com/fluence/

Last edited:
How is this thing different from the DiMartini MIM dinky charvel? Aside from the humbucker in the neck?

I have 3 USA ProMods and a DiMartini MIM. I love the DiMartini. However, it came with a neck shift problem that I had to do nefarious shit to stabilize. I don't trust these fucks anymore.

I have one …. Personally I didn’t care for the neck shape. It felt fatter than the standard charvel neck profile. I still have the guitar, I just stuck a custom Warmoth neck on it. They are great guitars though for sure !
Warmoth offers charvel heel widths now?

How is this thing different from the DiMartini MIM dinky charvel? Aside from the humbucker in the neck?

I have 3 USA ProMods and a DiMartini MIM. I love the DiMartini. However, it came with a neck shift problem that I had to do nefarious shit to stabilize. I don't trust these fucks anymore.
No problems like that here. Funny you mention the Warren snake Charvel i almost got one like 2 years ago.
Seems like your issue should have been covered under warranty.

360-3600765_satchelcharge2-titanfall-satchel-charge.png

BrilliantMessyAdouri-max-1mb.gif

Don't know Bro ask Russell Parrish lol.
I know Satchel charges from the Military, they are legit.

Last edited:
I had the yellow one with a great setup and liked it a lot.
It was fun to play and sounded great.
Ended up trading it for the SC1, which seemed like a step up in sound, with a faster neck.
Still, I remember it fondly and miss it sometimes

Most my axes & amps when i get them are used/pre-owned but good condition. I rarely get one right outta the box.
So its a treat to have a brand-spanking new guitar where everything is pristine.

Back