School me on Wizard amps

sheikyerbouti

Never heard of them until I found this board, damn it.

I own a 77 JMP and am looking for a hot rodded marshall so I started looking at Friedmans. I've owned a Shiva before, but well, lets just say I dont' have it anymore.

Play one. I have each of the amps you list above and my MCII is now my main amp. Does everything in my view and very well. Extremely tweakable and plays well in the loop too.

You have to try one of the high gain wizard amplifiers for yourself… It's really hard to explain, it's something that you have to feel, the amp becomes a part of you, the attack is so very fast and the clarity never gets muddy, Great tight bottom end, there is lots of high-end sparkle without being too brash.
They are very, very special amplifiers indeed… I don't know of any other amplifier that feels like a wizard high gain amp... I too, have owned diezels, Bogner's, Soldanos, Steavens Poundcake and many old Marshall's…
Once you play the wizard modern classic or metal, none of these feels the same… The wizard is a monster, completely different than other amps I have ever encountered.
It will haunt you after you try one, so make sure you're ready… you will want one

Wizards are great amps! Tons of dynamics and clarity, very tight, and LOUD! I don't even use the clean channel, it's one of those amps you can just roll the volume knob back on your guitar and get nice clean tones. I've owned 3 Modern Classics (Two with C transformers, one with A transformers), a Wizard Metal, and a Wizard Rock Standard. So I guess you could say I'm a fan of them!

The Wizard will sound more like the Marshall, except will more balls, clarity and tighter. The Friedman will be chewier and more modern sounding. I can see owning both if you can swing it.

I have a 100W Modern Classic that Rick converted from a Metal. Doesn't compress much. Pretty tight but in a vintage way. Can be bright, but in a good way.

Back