scorpions in 72 w/ schenker

mentoneman

schenker played 5 minutes away from my house last week and i missed him

but i didn't miss this:

38 years ago! SUUUU-per low budge video huh? klaus looks like bigfoot---mike was 16 and still had a very decent tone for back then on his les paul!

ps--who is that cat :55 or so seconds in? nice bangs!

Sheik_Yerbouti":2hpwtnf4 said:
Hilarious! :LOL: :LOL:

Klaus does kinda look a little like a Sasquatch someone left in the dryer too long in that one, doesn't he?
I always knew they existed :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

A-454128-1144231947.jpeg

eddie d-

call me a stick in the mud but this guy doesn't quite fit the "scorpion" bill now does he?

....maybe john denver's yoga partner...or line judge for the frankfurt curling tournament...
:D

Marshall Law":jipo0oq0 said:
I'm going to see him and Lynch on aug 12th :thumbsup: I have no ideas who that was at 55 sec :LOL: :LOL:

love the tight face shots,

and the dramatic running on dirt cliffs.

sometimes the dramatic artistic vision of a project works WAYYYY better on paper, yes? unfortunately this just makes me think "why are these guys standing on a dirt pile pretending to play music", "why are these full grown rockers running after each other on a cliff?"
and "why is this hairy homeless guy so angry with me"

young mike schenker looks like he's trying not to laugh on his extreme close up, after older bro rudy forced him to be there for the band's big break video. and klaus looks like the unibomber in desperate need of dental work.

ps i think he needs more of that scrumptious reverb on his voice though... :LOL: :LOL:

mentoneman":mchmd3un said:
Marshall Law":mchmd3un said:
I'm going to see him and Lynch on aug 12th :thumbsup: I have no ideas who that was at 55 sec :LOL: :LOL:

sometimes the dramatic artistic vision of a project works WAYYYY better on paper, yes? unfortunately this just makes me think "why are these guys standing on a dirt pile pretending to play music", "why are these full grown rockers running after each other on a cliff?"

young mike schenker looks like he's trying not to laugh on his extreme close up, after older bro rudy forced him to be there for the band's big break video. and klaus looks like the unibomber in desperate need of dental work.

ps i think he needs more of that scrumptious reverb on his voice though... :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:
I love me some Scorps, but this was a little scary! The dramatic running and jumping made me LOL!

Sounds like Alex Lifeson's tone. Non-MV amp>Humbucker>Greenbacks..............noice!

As far as the dude @ :55, I believe he was the doorman at the Jazz Cellar.

wow man, as soon as he starts that 1st solo you know it's Schenker - and it does sound good!

Cool post. I love the Scorpions. I am not a big fan of Lonesome crow, but there are a couple of tunes that are real cool.

They used to be very interesting.

Somewhat like a Metallica that started out in the embers of the 60s, and became a completely different band with the same singer and rhythm guitar player :D

Very cool find, Pat. Thanks :)

mentoneman":1vd5ildd said:
A-454128-1144231947.jpeg

eddie d-

call me a stick in the mud but this guy doesn't quite fit the "scorpion" bill now does he?

....maybe john denver's yoga partner...or line judge for the frankfurt curling tournament...
:D
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

mentoneman":2schow1f said:
Marshall Law":2schow1f said:

fix his teeth
add some reverb
start singing about cherry pie...

I have a mint copy of this on vinyl somewhere, never got around to playing it. Here's the lineup for this album according to wiki:

* Klaus Meine - lead vocals
* Michael Schenker - lead guitar
* Rudolf Schenker - rhythm guitar
* Lothar Heimberg - bass
* Wolfgang Dziony - drums, percussion

Back